- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A fabulous, stone-built, detached barn conversion, in a superb elevated position above the small hamlet of Gratton,6 miles from Bakewell.
In a beautiful, secluded location, with panoramic views of rolling countryside, this delightful property is set in spacious grounds and makes an ideal base for family and friends alike.
Full of character and charm, Spout Cottage boasts old beams, a woodburning stove in a magnificent feature fireplace and an eco-friendly ground sourced heating system.
Guests may also, by arrangement and according to season, enjoy use of the owner's heated outdoor swimming pool and spacious mature gardens and pine wood.
Take advantage of lovely walks from the doorstep or visit the nearby attractions of Bakewell, Buxton, Matlock, Matlock Bath or the unmissable Chatsworth House.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with king-size & single, 1 x family room with king-size & single sofa bed with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Farmhouse-style fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Note: Each bedroom is accessed via its own set of stairs.
- Eco-friendly ground sourced heating system with woodburning stove
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Satellite, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power & initial supply of fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Use of owner's heated outdoor swimming pool by arrangement with owner (available May - Sep inclusive)
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Shared use of owner's grounds with private patio area with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops & pubs 1 mile
- Note: Pool is 6' deep throughout and only suitable for confident swimmers
- Ensure children are supervised around pool
- Note: There are several unfenced ponds in the grounds of this property thus ensure care is taken
- Note: This property has a private water supply.
About the location
Bakewell 6 miles.
The quiet, unspoilt hamlet of Gratton lies between the pretty villages of Elton and Middleton in Youlgreave, amidst the beautiful rolling hills and limestone dales at the very heart of the White Peak. This is a popular area for walkers, situated within a few miles of the Tissington and High Peak walking/cycling trails and The Limestone Way. Many pretty villages are scattered throughout the area, while the attractive market town of Bakewell is close by, offering a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants as well as a weekly local market. Situated within the Peak District National Park, Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are close by for visits and walks, whilst Alton Towers and Hardwick Hall are both within an easy drive.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute