- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This is a beautiful little Hayfield cottage, situated just a short walk from the village centre in the lovely Derbyshire Peak District.
Wonderful throughout to provide cosy and contemporary accommodation, this Hayfield cottage is just the spot for families wanting to enjoy the surrounding Derbyshire villages and attractions or have a go at the varied walks from the doorstep.
With village and hill views from the upper floors, this Hayfield cottage boasts some lovely features, including wood panelling, wooden floors and also enjoys the warmth of a cosy woodburning stove in the sitting room.
Outside, this Hayfield cottage has the choice of outdoor seating to the front or the rear, so you can enjoy the vista from either side!
There are numerous walks from the doorstep of this cottage, including into Hayfield village with its array of old traditional pubs, whilst the start of the Pennine Way and the Peak District National Park are close by.
Touring opportunities to nearby Buxton, Castleton and Bakewell are all just a short drive from this Hayfield cottage, whilst Chatsworth House and gardens is one day out definitely not to be missed.
A wonderful Hayfield cottage to enjoy all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 4’ double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen and woodburning stove
- Range cooker with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking available
- Front and rear small yard with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Village shops and pubs 3 mins walk
- Note: Property is accessed by 4 uneven stone steps and has fairly steep internal stairs, children to be supervised and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility.
About the location
Chapel-en-le-Frith 4 miles; Glossop 5 miles; Buxton 8 miles.
The delightful High Peak village of Hayfield is situated in a wonderful rural setting on the north western edge of the Peak National Park. It’s a peaceful little village, popular with walkers who are attracted by its close proximity to Kinder Scout. Serious walkers head east out of the village, up and over the green foothills to the russet expanse of the Kinder Plateau, Pennine Way and Snake Path, whilst families (and those who enjoy more gentle rambles) head west along the beautiful Sett Valley Trail towards New Mills. Edale – an alternative start of the Pennine Way - is only a few miles away. The village caters well for tourists with pubs, cafes and restaurants. Other local attractions include the Goyt Valley, Castleton – with its famous caverns - and the popular spa town of Buxton.
- Last minute