“We thought the 10 am check out was ...”We thought the 10 am check out was too early and we did not have enough towels.but other than that everything was very good
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Upper Gate Farm Cottages
A charming 250-year old stone cottage, one of six cottages on site, adjacent to the owner's farmhouse on a working farm with small cottage complex, close to the centre of Hepworth, 2 miles from Holmfirth.
Boasting traditional features, such as oak beams in the sitting room, this cosy cottage is just a short walk from the village pubs and restaurants.
Guests enjoy free use of the owner's superb indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room, and can book their own time for use of the facilities.
Children are welcome to help on the farm with the hens, pigs, sheep, cows and other animals or enjoy the nearby playground.
The lovely surroundings and fabulous walks ensure visitors have all the ingredients for a relaxing, enjoyable holiday.
Explore the surrounding Dales or the Peak District, within easy driving distance.
A great location with something for everyone.
Note: This cottage is close to Ref. 21852, together they sleep 12.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x children's bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with oak floor & gas woodburning-effect stove.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, shared use of on-site washing machine and tumble dryer,TV, video, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, small library of books/games
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Use of owner's indoor swimming pool, sauna & steam room by arrangement
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed, lawned garden with furniture & BBQ
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub/restaurant 10 mins walk
- Note: The swimming pool is 12.5m x 6.5m and up to 1.45m deep
- It is open from 9am - 9:30pm each day, and the owner guarantees guests a 75 minute slot each day by prior arrangement, which during peak times may be shared with one other cottage.
About the location
Holmfirth 2 miles; Glossop 16 miles.
The old traditional Pennine village of Hepworth is situated in the heart of the beautiful Holme Valley, on the edge of the West Yorkshire Pennines. Mentioned in the Doomsday Book, the village is made up of lovely old stone cottages, a beautiful church and excellent pubs, restaurants and cafes. The village has many traditions including the centuries old Hepworth Feast, which commemorates the end of the Great Plague in Hepworth and is held annually on the last Monday in June. Hepworth along with its nearby neighbour Holmfirth, will be remembered by most as being the home of Compo, Cleggy and Nora Batty, from the long running comedy series 'Last of the Summer Wine', whilst the nearby Colne Valley is home to the fictional 'Skelthwaite' from the successful TV series 'Where the Heart Is'. A lovely area steeped in history where visitors always enjoy the genuine hospitality of a thriving local community.
Note: Property accepts max. 7 (inc. infants) with no more than max. 4 adults.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute