“First class cottage with great ...”First class cottage with great customer service from the owner. Would recommend to others.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An outstanding detached, brick-built barn conversion located in the village of Hollington, 6 miles from Ashbourne.
The Retreat has been thoughtfully converted to provide superb facilities on one floor, yet still retains the immense character and charm of the original dwelling.
The modern styling and elegant furnishings are evident throughout the accommodation, which features a spacious king-size bedroom with wet room, an open plan living area and a delightful private garden.
The market town of Ashbourne is nearby, while the Dove and Manifold Valleys and Alton Towers are just a short drive away.
A fabulous cottage, providing a perfect romantic retreat whatever the time of year.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs. 1928 and 16163, together they sleep 14.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with plasma flame-effect fire.
- Electric central heating with plasma fire
- Halogen hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, small library of books/DVDs
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Garden with patio, furniture & BBQ
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Guests who book both The Retreat and ref 1928 The Mews together for the same dates are permitted to share use of the hot tub at The Mews
- Note: Although this property does not accept pets, the owner's pets occasionally stay
- Note: Owner may be able to supply breakfast pack by prior arrangement.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Ashbourne 6 miles.
Steeped in history and situated at the southern end of the Peak District, the lovely village of Hollington, mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, provides home to a scattering of traditional brick built cottages, old farmhouses and barn conversions, whilst being surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside and offering a number of country pubs renowned locally for excellent service and fine cuisine. Nearby Ashbourne is the perfect example of an English market town, boasting an eccentric street plan, narrow, cobbled alleys, old market stalls and many fine coaching inns. In its heyday, during the 18th century, the town was a fashionable social centre and many fine Georgian buildings remain from this period. Today the town still has much to offer with a good selection of restaurants, whilst being regarded as something of a haven for antique hunters - but don't expect a bargain! For those who prefer outdoor pursuits, the Dove and Manifold Valleys are close by offering good walking and cycling, whilst Alton Towers is just 25 minutes away!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute