- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A stone-built detached Derbyshire holiday cottage, ideally located in the historic village of Holloway just 3 miles from Matlock Bath. Comfortably furnished throughout, this spacious Derbyshire holiday cottage has four lovely bedrooms, including two with a Juliet balcony, and one of those with an en-suite bathroom, making for a wonderfully sumptuous master bedroom. There is also a large, well-equipped kitchen with dining area, a comfortable sitting room and a cosy snug with sofa bed, offering flexibility in the sleeping arrangements. The rear decked area at this Holloway cottage boasts a luxurious hot tub, and is perfect for relaxing on a summer's day, or for enjoying a refreshing drink after a day walking on the fells; jump in the tub and let the bubbles and jets soothe away your walking aches. The thriving village of Holloway, once home to Florence Nightingale, has a village shop, local pub, butchers and an art gallery, and offers numerous walks and cycle routes in every direction. Just a short drive away, the spa town of Matlock Bath has many shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as attractions such as Gulliver's Kingdom and the Heights of Abraham. This is an ideal Derbyshire holiday cottage for a memorable break, at any time of year.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double with Juliet balconies (one with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC), 2 x twin. Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room. Snug with single sofa bed.
Gas central heating. Electric double oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars and a detached double garage for 2 additional cars. Decked area with furniture and private hot tub. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 5 mins walk, pub 15 mins walk. Note: Max. 9 people and 1 infant.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic weekend partying with friends”
- “This hoilday rental is a fantastic space to get your friends together and have a realxed and fun weekend. The house is well presented and clean, comfy beds, large kitchen ideal for party, and the hot tub is in secluded back garden. Mr Ashmore is very friendly and helpful, providing us with all the info we needed over the phone. The red folder tells you more about the use of the house. The surrounding area is of course very piucturesque, we took ourselves out to do some geocaching, of which there are many in the area. We had a great weekend and would recommend this holiday rental to friends and family.”
- “Fab new year get a way!”
- “We stayed at the cottage for new year as a group of 6 adults, a 2 and 5 year old. We had a great time. After our Tesco order was delivered, we sat back and enjoyed the cottage. Huge kitchen, comfy living room, 4 spacious bedrooms and lots of toilets! The kids especially loved their "den" and no adults were allowed! The cottage was clean and very warm, all beds were comfy, towels were provided. Only a 5 minute drive to the next village. We spent new year in a hot tub with friends drinking prosecco - fab!!”
- “Great holiday cottage!”
- “Good value, lovely holiday cottage. Perfect for three families with small children. Good communal areas, big lounge and kitchen diner. Loved the hot tub! Good location near to Matlock and Matlock bath.”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the cottage, we were extremely satisfied with the overall experience and would definitely recommend Sykes Cottages to our friends. When want to book a cottage in the future we would go to Sykes cottages first.”
- “We had a fantastic holiday. The cottage is in a brilliant area and there were lovely views from the front bedrooms. It was so easy to get anywhere. The cottage was very homely & we all thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub! Especially on the cold, wet days & you needed to warm up!”
- “The location for visiting different attractions in Peak District was great, and there were more places to go than we'd anticipated. There's a really good pub with restaurant about a 1 mile walk and the cottage itself was fantastic.”
- “Spacious property, excellent for a large party. Good amenities, fantastic hot tub. Close to lots of nice attractions.”
- “It was a great base for exploring the Peak District. It was comfortable and spacious and had all the facilities we needed; the hot tub was brilliant, especially after a great day walking. The holiday was great fun.”
- “When we arrived the property was warm and inviting, which was nice as we arrived late and it was cold outside, all amenities where to a good standard, the Hot Tub was excellent.”
- “Good location and good size property.”
- “The cottage was ideal for a New Year break. Enough toilets and bathrooms with a huge kitchen for us all to eat in at the same time. It was very quiet and warm all of the time. The hot tub was also a bonus!”
About the location
Crich 2 miles; Matlock Bath 3 miles; Cromford 3 miles.
The ancient village of Holloway lies just 3 miles from the Spa town of Matlock Bath and the Mill town of Cromford, on the edge of the Peak District National Park. Holloway, once home to Florence Nightingale, has a village shop, pub, butcher’s and an art gallery, and offers numerous walks and cycle routes including the High Peak Trail, Derwent Valley Heritage Way and Midshires Way. The nearby village of Crich is full of history and offers a number of shops and pubs and is home to the National Tramway Museum, and trams can be taken up the valley to enjoy some of the most beautiful views in the Derbyshire Dales. Cromford, with its connection to Richard Arkwright and the cotton trade, is well worth a visit and is often referred to as the cradle of the Industrial Revolution. Close by, Matlock Bath lies in the wooded gorge on the River Derwent and boast numerous attractions including Gulliver's Kingdom, the Peak District Mining Museum and magnificent views can be enjoyed down the gorge from the cable cars of The Heights of Abraham, also offering show caves, water gardens, a nature trail and an Owl Maze. Magnificent Chatsworth House and Gardens, Haddon Hall and Carsington Water with its many water sports are all within easy reach of Holloway.