- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Hulland Ward 1.2 miles. A delightful semi-detached cottage, attached to the owner’s home in the quiet village of Hulland Village, close to the larger hamlet of Hulland Ward and just under 5 miles from the market town of Ashbourne, on the edge of the Peak District National Park. Dating back to the early 1800s and furnished to a high standard, this Hulland Village cottage is an ideal romantic hideaway in a wonderful part of Derbyshire. Your cottage near Ashbourne boasts cosy accommodation with a superb double bedroom with a convenient en-suite shower room on the first floor and a welcoming open plan living area, which is a great place to relax after a busy day’s walking in the Peak District National Park. Alternatively, on sunny days, relax on the patio with your favourite tipple, whilst planning what to see and do during the rest of your stay, perhaps also indulging in some of the tasty homemade treats available from the owner. Only a few miles from this Hulland Village cottage is the excellent Carsington Water, which offers a number of water-based activities, as well as walks, cycle routes and birdwatching. Within easy reach is the town of Ashbourne with its antique shops and cobbled alleyways, and there’s the whole of the Peak District to explore, as well as the National Trust owned Sudbury Hall, Kedleston Hall and Ilam Hall, along with the magnificent Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. This Peak District cottage is an ideal retreat for a couple at any time of year.
One double bedroom with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Lockable bike storage. Front patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1.2 miles. Note: No children or infants. Note: Property overlooks owner’s private garden. Note: Mobile signal at the property intermittent. Note: Owner can provide selection of home baked cakes, savoury dishes, chocolates etc by prior arrangement, please contact owner for more details.
Note: No children or infants.
- Last minute
- “A lovely cottage, very well equipped and ideally situated for both sightseeing in cities nearby and hiking in the Peak District National Park.We enjoyed our holidays very much!”
- “Firstly, it was like coming home each evening, the cottage was just to delightful, one could not fault it in its layout. The shower is a dream! As for the holiday, well you are after all in the peaks, and beauty is all around you. A dream break, away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.”
- “We had a wonderful week in a wonderful warm and cosy cottage in a lovely quiet, peaceful location. There were plenty of places to visit without travelling too far.”
- “First class, would recommend.”
- “Beautiful accommodation with everything you would need. Two TVs, a really good shower and very helpful host.”
- “The cottage was beautifully compact and cosy, very well equipped. It is a good base for exploring the lovely Derbyshire countryside.”
- “My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Allanstone Cottage. We were given an extremely warm welcome. We chose this cottage because it looked beautiful on the website, but when we arrived we found that the cottage was even more stunning than in the photos.”
- “Allanstone Cottage provided excellent accommodation in a very convenient area for visiting local attractions. The owner was very helpful and pleasant. I would certainly make a return visit.”
- “An excellent cottage for a peaceful getaway in the Derbyshire countryside. Owner was helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There was plenty of information of local area in the cottage. Would definitely recommend.”
About the location
Carsington Water 2.5 mile; Ashbourne 5 miles.
Steeped in history and situated at the southern end of the Peak District lies the lovely village of Hulland Ward, which, nine centuries ago, was the Royal Duffield Forest of Frith. Hulland Ward is made up from a number of smaller hamlets including Hulland Moss, Hulland Upper, Nether Biggin and Hulland Village and is comprised of a scattering of traditional brick-built cottages, old farmhouses and barn conversions, surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside and offering a number of country pubs renowned locally for excellent service and fine cuisine. Nearby Ashbourne is the perfect example of an English market town, boasting an eccentric street plan, narrow, cobbled alleys, old market stalls and many fine coaching inns. The town offers a good selection of restaurants, whilst being regarded as something of a haven for antique hunters. For those who prefer outdoor pursuits, Carsington Water is one of the country's premier watersports centres, offering excellent sailing and a host of other activities including walking, bird watching, cycling and bridleways, whilst Alton Towers is just 45 minutes away!