- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
The smaller of two superb holiday homes situated in a pleasant position on the edge of the pretty village of Hulme End.
The adjoining properties have both been created from the quality conversion of an old stone-built Grade II listed barn.
Both properties offer extremely spacious accommodation and have been furnished and equipped to a very high standard.
Care has been taken to retain the original character and charm of these lovely old buildings and features include beams, granary steps and mullioned and 'pitching hole' windows.
The owners live in a nearby farmhouse and personally welcome visitors.
An excellent base for exploring the Peaks at any time of the year.
Please note: East Cawlow Barn adjoins West Cawlow Barn Ref.
632 and together they can accommodate up to 11 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Three piece bathroom with shower over bath. Superb well equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. Delightful and spacious sitting room with gas fire. Ample storage for mountain bikes etc.
Electric night storage heaters with gas fire. Gas cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair available. Ample off road parking. Garden with garden furniture and BBQ. Fishing by arrangement. Sorry, no pets. Non smokers preferred. Shop and pub 5 mins walk. Note: This owner collects a refundable £50 Good Housekeeping bond. Note: Short breaks at this property can only start on a Friday.
Note: Short breaks at this property can only start on a Friday.
- Last minute
- “A really nice and well thought out cottage, run superbly by a friendly and helpful couple. Well located for a variety of attractions.”
- “We had a great time”
- “We had a great time. The accomodation was clean and spacious. A light bulb which failed was replaced as soon as reported. Due to Peak Planning the owners were not permitted to make extra windows in the barn but there were plenty of lights in the house if the day was dull. The accomodation was well equiped. The view form the patio table was very pleasant.”
- “Peaceful retreat convenient for lots of activities”
- “The cottage was very tidy and well appointed. We had snow while we were there, but the house was plenty warm enough, even for our 3 girls, who enjoyed playing in the field next door and the cycling and walking right on the doorstep. A short stroll across the field to the old railway, which proved very popular and we cycled and walked around the vicinity, with some trips slightly further afield too. The facilities were fine and the house provided everything the 5 of us needed for a weeks stay, along with ample storage for our bikes too. We will be returning!”
- “A great place to stay and explore the Peak District. A very comfortable base within easy walk of the village and trails.”
- “The property and location were superb and a very high standard. The owners were very friendly and kind as well as advising of places to visit. I would definitely recommend to friends and family. We will also be revisiting.”
About the location
Hartington 2 miles; Buxton 10 miles.
The small pretty village of Hulme End is situated in the picturesque Manifold Valley within The Peak District National Park. The village has a shop and pub which serves good food. The popular Manifold Trail is on the doorstep and nearby are the Tissington Trail, Dovedale and the well known village of Hartington which offers a wider selection of amenities and shops. The whole area is a paradise for walking, cycling and horse riding. Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are both within a 20 minute drive and Alton Towers, the Churnet Valley Railway and the Staffordshire potteries are within easy reach.