- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hulme End 0.5 miles. A lovely Hulme End cottage, set in a quiet location just half a mile from this pretty Staffordshire village.
With character beams throughout and a huge open fire, this Hulme End cottage provides cosy accommodation, which is just ideal for families looking for a get-away-from-it-all break.
Surrounded by countryside and set next to the owners' own home, this Hulme End cottage provides comfortable and warm living accommodation, just perfect to retire to after a day exploring the area.
Outside The Old Dairy is a small patio and lawned area with furniture to take in the lovely countryside surroundings.
With a footpath running right outside, exploring the Staffordshire countryside has never been so easy!
Hulme End village has a shop and pub, whilst the Manifold Trail is on the doorstep of this Hulme End cottage, and is well worth exploring.
Close by is the village of Hartington and the towns of Ashbourne, Buxton and Leek, with its William Morris connections.
There is so much to see and do from this perfect Hulme End cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x triple bunks (double below, single on top). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with door to patio. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio and lawn to the side of the cottage with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome, must be kept on a lead at all times due to chickens in grounds
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Max
- 4 adults.
- Last minute
- “Cosy well equipped cottage in great location”
- “Had a wonderful long weekend. 4 adults easily accommodated. It was comfortable, warm and well equipped. We enjoyed the log fire (there is a starter pack but we took some of our own logs and bought some more reasonably priced from the cottage owners). There is only one bathroom but we didn't find it a problem, there was plenty of hot water. The owners are very welcoming and helpful; eggs and a delicious lemon drizzle cake to greet us were a lovely touch. Some great walks on the doorstep and plenty to see and do even in November. Also dof friendly cottage with plenty of dog friendly pubs nearby.”
- “Great spot”
- “Well placed, good pub nearby, and lots of walks for the dogs. remember your boots (lots of water) and bikes (the rail trails are great cycling). granny loved Chatsworth (send kids to the playground)”
- “Perfect Retreat”
- “Gorgeous cottage in wonderful surroundings, lovely warm welcome from the owner and a homemade cake awaiting our arrival. The cottage was clean & fresh and had everything we needed. Friendly chickens on the doorstep every morning added to our enjoyment Good spot for travelling around, Alton Towers is about 20 minute drive! Our only gripe and not the owners fault, no mobile phone signal & our sat nav couldn't find us either! A future lesson learnt buy a map! Would highly recommend”
- “A really warm welcome!”
- “We have had a lovely week in this beautiful part of the country. The cottage is cosy with everything you could need and we were made very welcome! There is loads to see and do in the vicinity with lots of information available and walking is easy from the door ... including to the local pub a few minutes away! Many thanks - we have had a great time!!”
- “Superb cottage, host family, walks & countryside”
- “On arrival, made very welcome by owners. Nice cottage. Beautiful location. Lambs in a pen opposite so sweet. Our daughter bottle fed them and helped out with some chores too. She loved it. Cottage sleeps 4 adults with ease. Sofa bed or camp bed for kids. Kitchen small but ideal for preparing meals as everything available. Loved it. Lambs, sheep, chickens, baby ducks all great to watch. Walks from the door to local beautiful areas. Wow!! So lucky. Parking great. Real fire was a bonus. Nice touch with the starter pack. Even chilly in June, so it was made use of. Extra wood available for purchase. Thank you ever so much to the Bacons for a great holiday. We will I am sure be back to chill again.”
- “peace and quiet”
- “an excellent stay -really friendly and helpful owners-and real character in the old dairy--the fresh laid eggs were a real bonus--definitely intending to book again”
- “Snow but welcome warm”
- “We decided to co away for the week at Easter the weather was extremely cold they had been cut off the week preciously but we were welcomed and nothing was too much trouble and being on a small farm was wonderful at lambing time.”
- “Short Break in February”
- “A warm welcome met us on arrival with fresh eggs in the kitchen and tea and coffee available. The fireplace was well stocked and we couldn't wait to light a real fire. Our small Jack Russell was curious about the chickens but did not see them as food! With walks from the doorstep we had no trouble finding plenty to do. There was even a recently bought DVD of 'Skyfall' which we enjoyed one evening. Nearby village of Hartington is a must visit and the local pub had a roaring fire and welcomed dogs! Although it was a very cold week with the purchase of extra thermals the weather didn't spoil our break. It was a fabulous little cottage with all the necessities. We will be revisiting again soon.”
- “Very friendly welcome. A lovely cosy cottage which was very well equipped. The accommodation was comfortable and suited our needs perfectly. Great location and excellent value for money.”
- “Had a warm welcome, it was a lovely cottage, loved curling up on the sofa of an evening by the wood burner after a good walk.”
- “It was a beautiful cottage in a picturesque setting, very well equipped and maintained. Would definitely love to go back.”
- “The location of the property was excellent and the owners were extremely friendly and polite; their knowledge of the area was very informative.”
- “We were welcomed by the owners and their chicken. The scenery is fantastic, it is a great place for walking and touring.”
- “Great cottage and a wonderful area with friendly hens who come pecking at your feet!”
- “The cottage was in the ideal place to visit several places we were interested in.”
- “The owners were very welcoming and made us feel at home from the start. Cottage was lovely and there was a home made cake and fresh eggs waiting for us - great touch. Kitchen had all the necessary equipment, including a cafetiere!! Countryside is stunning, lovely walks on the doorstep, and we were allowed to help with the lambs on the farm. All in all a very good experience.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable, in an ideal location for the peace and quiet we desired. The cottage was a welcoming sight after a day out sightseeing. The owners and the property were absolutely brilliant. We will definitely return! Also, we highly recommend The Old Dairy to our family, friends and anyone who will listen.”
About the location
Hartington 2 miles; Buxton 10 miles.
The small pretty village of Hulme End is situated in the picturesque Manifold Valley within The Peak District National Park. The village has a shop and pub which serves good food. The popular Manifold Trail is on the doorstep and nearby are the Tissington Trail, Dovedale and the well known village of Hartington which offers a wider selection of amenities and shops. The whole area is a paradise for walking, cycling and horse riding. Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are both within a 20 minute drive and Alton Towers, the Churnet Valley Railway and the Staffordshire potteries are within easy reach.