- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Manifold Farm, Chatsworth Estate
Shottle 1.7 miles. Part of the Chatsworth Estate, Manifold Farm which was formerly a dairy farm, overlooks the beautiful Derbyshire valleys and consists of a cluster of stone-built cottages, perched on a hillside above the small hamlet of Shottle, just 1.5 miles from Wirksworth. The Chatsworth cottages at Manifold Farm have been beautifully restored with plenty of character, including exposed beams, and have been tastefully decorated throughout. Each Chatsworth cottage has its own private garden, as well as use of the shared outside area and games room. These Chatsworth cottages at Manifold Farm make a wonderfully comfortable and tasteful base for exploring this part of the Peak District. Beautiful walks can be enjoyed from the doorstep of these cottages, whilst nearby Wirksworth provides lovely pubs, superb restaurants and many interesting shops, renowned for their quality produce. Visit nearby Matlock with its host of attractions, including the Heights of Abraham, with its fascinating owl maze and water gardens. Ideal Chatsworth cottages for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday, at any time of year.
A wonderful ground floor, stone-built terraced cottage owned by the Chatsworth Estate.
This Chatsworth cottage is wonderfully cosy with an open plan living area complete with woodburner; perfect for chilly evenings.
This Chatsworth cottage is full of character including beams and is decorated to a very high standard with a lovely garden.
There is a shared games room and wonderful views, making this Chatsworth cottage a lovely retreat in a beautiful part of the Peak District.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Refs.
9205, 9207, 9208 and 9209, together they sleep 32.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be king- size double on request). Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Shared games room with pool table, dart board and table tennis.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared outdoor area and games room
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Check-in is from 4pm, check-out is by 10am
- Last minute
- “Pensioners mid week break”
- “Stayed at Wardle cottage for 4 Nights and it was everything we could expect from welcome pack to to leaving.We went with 2 Friends to explore the area with Chatsworth as the central feature which was fine apart from the fact that it was an exibition of Alice in Wonderland which wasn't totally our bag.Everthing else was great and we were sorry to leave after such a good time in such good accommadation.”
- “Fab-u-lous, the best Cottage I have ever stayed in.”
- “Probably the best cottage we have ever stayed in, the location and facilities were excellent and a perfect base for exploring that area of the Peak District. One of the highlights was the view down the valley on misty mornings and beautiful sunsets. Would highly recommend this cottage.”
- “It is a second home to us, this being our third consecutive holiday. We are so glad to have discovered this lovely little cottage.”
- “The cottage was excellent in all areas. The views were exceptional. The location was perfect for exploring various parts of the Peak District. Plenty of walks from the door so no need to get in the car everyday. Lots of nice places to eat. All made for a great relaxing week”
- “This cottage had a lovely layout with the kitchen dining and sitting area all sociably fitted together. Everything was of an excellent standard. The area is beautiful.”
- “We really liked the enclosed garden for our dog to enjoy plus the parking adjacent to the cottage. The wood burner was delightful and we found the cottage really cosy and homely.”
- “We like Wardle, it's become a home from home for us. It enables us to have a break with my 92yr old mum as the ground level facilities and en suite bathroom make life easier. The countryside is beautiful whatever time of year and we know any problems will be dealt with quickly with a phone call to the owner.”
- “Wardle Cottage is tastefully decorated and clean. Warm and luxurious..a lovely stay for my mother and I !”
- “Wardle Cottage had a lovely view and was very peaceful. We chose it because it had 2 bathrooms and 2 beds which was perfect for 2 couples.The layout of the living area was perfect. The location was good for walking and sightseeing”
- “Loved the garden as did my little dog. The whole ambiance of the Cottage was conducive to relaxation. The oven and microwave were top quality, as was the hoover.”
- “The Cottage was very comfortable with the most beautiful views, we relished the peaceful location.”
About the location
Wirksworth 1.5 miles; Matlock 8 miles.
Shottle is a small hamlet located in lovely rolling countryside, on the southern borders of the Peak District National Park. Nearby Wirksworth is a small, charming market town on the edge of the White Peak, and is full of character, with many buildings of architectural interest, including its magnificent parish church. Visitors will enjoy exploring the ancient "jitties" and courtyards, and the National Stone Centre, as well as the delightful surrounding countryside including nearby Carsington Water and the High Peak Trail. Rock climbing and cycling can be enjoyed here at every level, and there is good walking all around. Well Dressing is unique to Derbyshire, and Wirksworth combines this tradition with a lively carnival. The annual Arts festival attracts international performers of every kind. Beautiful Chatsworth House, Shottle Hall and Haddon Hall are within easy reach, as well as Matlock Bath with its spectacular cable car, the newly restored Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and Gulliver's Kingdom. Only 2 miles away, the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site in Cromford is not to be missed. A great location for a relaxing holiday.