- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful and cosy little stone-built cottage nestling in the midst of beautiful Peaks countryside on the edge of the village of Warslow.
All of the accommodation is on the ground floor and the property is comfortably furnished and well equipped throughout.
The owners live in a nearby farmhouse and personally welcome visitors, while a 10 minute walk takes you to a lovely pub, The Greyhound, which offers excellent food.
Ideal for touring and exploring the Peak District National Park.
Please note: Shay Side Cottage is situated across a courtyard from Shay Side Barn Ref.
621 and together they can accommodate 8 people.
All ground floor. 1 x double (limited access on one side of bed). Shower room with shower cubicle, washbasin and WC. Compact fitted kitchen. Comfortably furnished sitting/dining room.
LPG central heating. Gas hob, built-in electric oven and microwave, fridge, washing machine, HD TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, CD/radio, WiFi. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Pretty, private garden with garden furniture. Sorry, no pets. Non smokers only. Pub 2 miles. Shop 5 mins drive. Note: No children, including infants.
Note: No children, including infants.
- Last minute
- “Good Holiday despite the weather”
- “A lovely well appointed cottage in a good location. Owners away on holiday but Rob their son very helpful and friendly. The weather was cold and windy but the heating in the cottage was good.”
- “Lovely area”
- “Cottage was very clean and comfortable.Owners very friendly.Beautiful countryside all around.Weather very English(wet).”
- “Compact and comfortable”
- “This little cottage contains all that is necessary for a great holiday in the Peak Districk. We found the location very good and central for visiting all of the area and it's attractions including Chatworth House,Matlock Bath,the Heights of Abraham and Alton Towers. Great pubs in Hartingham and very good area for walking. The owners were always on hand but never made their presence obvious.”
- “The rural and friendly location is ideal for exploring the Derbyshire dales and surrounding area. The cottage location and its facilities provided all the creature comforts required; warmth, cooking facilities, shower, relaxing with TV or music.”
- “A lovely setting and a, well maintained property. Had very friendly and approachable owners. There was a good pub and food within walking distance.”
- “Shay side Cottage is great, we couldn't have asked for more! We were quite sad when it was time to leave. A proper little home-from-home.”
- “It was a dream cottage for both of us with beautiful and tastefully furnished rooms.”
- “The Cottage was very clean, comfy and cosy. In an ideal location for walking and visiting the peak district. The owners were very friendly and helpful, and some extra little touches made the difference to the enjoyment of our holiday.”
- “Lovely hosts and wonderful walking.”
- “The cottage is set in a beautiful part of the Peak District that isn't so far out of the way you have to travel for miles to get anywhere. We also liked that the owners of the cottage were exceptionally friendly and were always on hand if we had any problems. The cottage itself is lovely and cosy and makes for the perfect getaway.”
- “Very clean and well maintained, very homely, very nice owners. Very peaceful and good location for walking. Many fine pubs!”
About the location
Hartington 3 miles; Ashbourne 12 miles.
This delightful village is situated on the side of the beautiful Manifold Valley in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Like its well known neighbour the Dove, the Manifold cuts a course through superb scenery and is a delight for both walkers and cyclists with the “Manifold Trail” following the route of the old Leek to Manifold Light Railway. Warslow itself is a pretty stone built village, and close by is Hartington with a wide range of shops, whilst further afield is the market town of Ashbourne. The surrounding area has many pubs offering a good range of food and Alton Towers is just a 30 minute drive away.