- Off road parking
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, semi-detached, stone-built cottage situated in the very centre of the village of Cromford, only a mile from the vibrant spa town of Matlock Bath. Set in a courtyard next to the famous Greyhound Hotel, and built by Sir Richard Arkwright to serve the textile workers, the cottage overlooks a large pond, one of the original impounding reservoirs, and now a haven for an abundance of wildlife, including geese, swans and ducks. The accommodation is warm and snug, with an open plan sitting area, dining area and modern, well-equipped kitchen, a lovely master bedroom, and a delightful bathroom. Situated on the edge of the Peak District National Park, and just a short drive from Bakewell, not to mention the picturesque village of Ashover ('Cardale' in TV's 'Peak Practice'), the cottage makes an ideal base from which to explore the region's attractions, including the majestic Chatsworth House and Carsington Water and sailing centre. An ideal property for a romantic getaway, or relaxing break!
One king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with double sofa bed if required.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with free satellite, DVD, stereo/CD player/radio, library of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Outdoor bench with views of pond
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Note: Due to proximity of pond, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: This property is suitable for a maximum of 2 people.
- Last minute
- “Great welcome from host. Good location to access the Peak District.”
- “The location was central to many of the places of interest to be found in Derbyshire and the Peak District. The cottage was warm and inviting, as was the greeting from the owner.”
About the location
Matlock Bath 1 mile; Matlock 3 miles; Bakewell 10 miles.
Set in the beautiful wooded gorge of the River Derwent and surrounded by wooded hills and cliffs, the village of Cromford lies just 1 mile from the vibrant spa town of Matlock Bath and 3 miles from Matlock. Famous for its connections with Sir Richard Arkwright and the cotton trade, and often referred to as the cradle of the Industrial Revolution. Today, Cromford offers a selection of quality pubs, shops and cafes, as well as Arkwright’s Cromford Mill and canal, a world heritage site. The area boasts a plethora of attractions such as Gulliver's Kingdom, the nearby Peak District Mining Museum and splendid Chatsworth House. Visitors can take a ride on the Heights of Abraham cable car and take in the views in style, whilst the more active are catered for with plentiful walking around the Derwent Valley and the White Peak, and with cycling opportunities at Carsington Water and the High Peak, Monsal and Tissington Cycle Trails.