- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
This fabulous, modern, stone-built detached country house is surrounded by moorland, on the outskirts of the Yorkshire village of Millhouse Green, on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
Beautifully appointed throughout to provide spacious accommodation of over 4000 square feet, this country house is perfect for large families or groups of friends to explore this rugged part of the Peak District, or simply as a place to enjoy a luxury break away.
This cottage offers sumptuous living with granite floors, an elegant sitting room with a chess table and a fabulous, hand carved marble fireplace housing a coal-effect gas fire, a formal dining room and a superb well-equipped kitchen with granite worktops, breakfast bar and dining table.
There are seven wonderful bedrooms ensuring that everyone has the space for some peace and quiet, plus children and adults will love the large games room with leather sofa and bean bags on the second floor and the football pitch in the garden.
Completing the accommodation are four luxurious bathrooms, three of which are en-suites.
Outside, is a large rear patio, where you can sit and relax as the children play in safety in the enclosed garden.
The village of Millhouse Green offers a traditional way of life, with a small shop, a good pub and even crown green bowling!
Spend some time exploring the beautiful Peak District National Park, visit the popular village of Holmfirth or take a short drive to the cities of Sheffield, Leeds and York, the town of Huddersfield and the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
A fantastic, luxury holiday house, surrounded by a stunning local landscape and breathtaking views, that due to its fabulous amenities and location can be enjoyed all year round.
Over three floors. Seven bedrooms (six with FreeSat TV/DVD and ground floor twin has Smart TV only): 1 x super king-size double with en-suite double Jacuzzi bath, separate double rain shower, basin, WC, walk-in wardrobe and cot, 1 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single with en-suite rain shower, basin and WC, 1 x four poster king-size double, 1 x king-size double, 1 x double with reclining and massage function, 1 x 2nd floor double with balcony and en-suite freestanding bath, basin and WC (can also be used as a shared bathroom through games room access), 1 x ground floor twin (zip/link, can be double). Bathroom with corner bath, separate rain shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and TV. Utility. Dining room. Reception room. Sitting room with HD TV and gas fire. Second floor large games room with sitting area, TV and balconies.
- Gas underfloor heating with gas fire and solar panels for electricity
- Four electric ovens and gas hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer with ice maker/filtered water, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 10 x TVs (9 with FreeSat, including 70" Ultra HD TV with Sky+ family package), on demand and catch up TV and PlayStation 3 in sitting room and Smart TV in ground floor twin, telephone for incoming calls only, free WiFi, selection of books, board games, PlayStation 3 games and DVDs, gun safe, dog bed and bowl
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Games room with full size pool table, table football and table tennis
- Off road parking for 10 cars
- Enclosed rear patio with furniture for 15 people, coal BBQ and large enclosed garden with football pitch
- Four well-behaved pets welcome, on ground floor and off furniture only
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: No stag and hen parties
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: Hot tub hire, catering and personal chef can be provided at additional cost and upon prior arrangement with the owners
About the location
Penistone 2 miles; Holmfirth 7 miles.
Millhouse Green is a small rural village on the banks of the River Don, made up of stone-built cottages, a pub, shop and Post Office. The village is located on the north eastern edge of the beautiful Peak District National Park and is surrounded by moorland and there are many cycle paths, bridleways and footpaths to explore. Close by are Cawthorn Park, Langsett, Broomhead, Derwent Reservoir (Dambusters) and Moorhall Dams, which are all worth exploring, plus the Trans Pennine Trail is 400 meters away. The village of Holmfirth, made famous by ‘Last of the Summer Wine’, is close by and the Peak District National Park offers walks, mountain biking, market towns and pretty villages. This area provides excellent opportunities for golfing, clay pigeon shooting, horse trekking and visits to the coal mine museum and various stately homes, such as Cannon Hall, Wentworth Castle and Chatsworth. Millhouse Green also offers easy access to Sheffield (Meadowhall Shopping Centre is 20 minutes' away), Leeds, York, Manchester, Huddersfield and even the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Please note: The number of people occupying this property should not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation. If you wish to invite additional guests, this must be agreed by the owner in advance.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute