- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Located in the picturesque village of Monyash in Derbyshire, this detached, stone-built Monyash cottage has been beautifully decorated and furnished to a very high standard - a fact which is reflected in its Gold Award from the Tourist Board. Situated on a Peak District hill farm with rolling countryside all around and wonderful views, this Monyash cottage has four superb en-suite bedrooms, a large oak beamed sitting room, stone floors throughout and a wood burning stove. There is an excellent kitchen area where you can prepare sumptuous meals before relaxing in the secluded courtyard garden attached to this Monyash cottage with a glass of something chilled, or if you prefer, you can stroll along the road to the 17th century pub and enjoy an excellent meal. This Monyash cottage is suitable for all guests and is an ideal base for exploring the Peak District National Park. With the market town of Bakewell, home to the famous puddings, just a short drive away, and the famous spa town of Buxton, with its opera house, close by, this Monyash cottage is perfect for a family getaway in the beautiful Peak District countryside.
Four bedrooms with TV & DVD: 1 x super king-size double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x family room with super king-size double & 2 additional single beds (on request) with en-suite bath, shower over, basin & WC, 1 x ground floor super king-size double with en-suite wet room with shower, basin & WC with wheelchair access, 1 x ground floor super king-size double with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility area. Sitting room with dining area & wood burning stove. Galleried landing area. Note: All super king-size double rooms can be twins by prior arrangement.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating and electric heaters in bedrooms & bathrooms & wood burning stove
- Electric cooker with built-in oven, hob & microwave, American-style fridge/freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, 55" wireless-enabled TV with FreeSat HD, 4 x flat screen TVs with FreeSat & DVD, all-in-one touch-screen computer with WiFi and Skype facility, selection of books, games & DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for wood burning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 8 cars
- Rear courtyard with garden furniture, BBQ & firepit
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: The owners can organise a maid service for an additional charge, by prior arrangement
- Note: Check in 4pm.
- Last minute
About the location
Bakewell 4.5 miles; Buxton 8 miles.
Monyash is a charming Derbyshire village built around the village green in the heart of the Peak District National Park, boasting a 17th century village pub which serves good food. The attractive market town of Bakewell is just under 5 miles away and offers visitors a good selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as frequent local farmers' markets. Bakewell is situated within the Peak District National Park and is ideally placed for exploring this beautiful region. Both the rugged Dark Peak and the softer limestone White Peak are within easy reach, and Alton Towers, Britain's premier theme park, is only a short drive away. There are many stately homes to visit including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall to mention just a few, while the impressive caverns in nearby Castleton and Little John's burial place in Hathersage are also well worth a visit.