- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful detached cottage, just a minute's walk from the village green and traditional pub in the quiet village of Parwich, seven miles from Ashbourne. The property has an unusual layout, with most of the accommodation arranged over the first floor. The sitting room has a lovely feature fireplace with a woodburning stove, a 42" plasma TV, a circular window and exposed brickwork, while the main bedroom benefits from an en-suite and the house bathroom offers the chance to luxuriate in a roll-top bath. The ground floor has a summer room with a leather suite and patio doors leading to the central courtyard, which in turn, leads to the main property entrance and games room. Within reach of the many walks, trails and attractions of the area, this is an ideal base for family and friends to get away from it all and enjoy the magnificent Peak District.
Mainly first floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with pull-out stacker bed, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with roll-top bath, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area. Summer room. Games room.
- Electric oil-filled heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 42" plasma TV, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Games room
- Roadside parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Central courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “The Roost was amazing. Felt right at home to be honest and the inside was lovely. The owners had done such a great job with the house and the walks around the village were lovely, such a lovely view. We shall be coming back very soon and telling our friends and family.”
- “A really great holiday let, it was really comfortable, homely and well equipped.”
- “The Roost is a lovely cottage in a beautiful little village, plenty to do around the area and Peak District walks right from your doorstep, highly recommended.”
- “The cottage was lovely, lots of special finishing touches. The games room was great for our teenage boys too. We would highly recommend the Roost as a perfect base for exploring the beautiful surrounding area.”
- “A well sized holiday cottage in a beautiful village, well located for walks and easy access to Bakewell and Ashbourne.”
- “The accommodation was everything we could have wished for; warm, comfortable and well equipped. The playroom was much enjoyed by all of us - a great addition to the holiday fun. It was great to have a private area for our barbecues, even the weather was kind to us. Would definitely visit again.”
- “The Roost had plenty of space, lots and lots of character and was spotless! We had a lovely weekend staying there, thank you!”
- “The cottage is very quaint yet fully equipped with sufficient mod cons, and Is situated in a really beautiful village - Parwich. The games room with pool table and table soccer was a great addition esp for our older children aged 12 and 10. We spent 3 days of our holidays in Alton Towers and the peace and tranquillity of Parwich was a very welcome contrast to the noise and business of Alton Towers! The location is quite central and Ashbourne town is only a 10min drive away and has a good choice of shops and restaurants.”
- “The Roost is a fun property in a delightful location with facilities designed around families with older children or groups of friends. The local pub was very welcoming and served food as an added bonus. The property was in good condition and was pleasantly decorated.”
- “We had a brilliant stay at The Roost. The games room was enjoyed by adults and children alike and everything was clean and comfortable. The kitchen was very well set up and lounge was a very comfortable space. Would highly recommend.”
About the location
Ashbourne 7 miles; Bakewell 13 miles.
Parwich is a lovely old village surrounded by verdant green countryside, boasting a delightful country pub set on the village green, a church, a village hall, a playground and many pretty cottages. With an air of peace and tranquillity, Parwich dates from Saxon times, although at nearby Roystone Grange the remains of a Roman farm have been discovered. The nearby Manifold River cuts a course through superb scenery and is a delight for both walkers and cyclists, with the 'Manifold Trail' following the route of the old Leek to Manifold Light Railway. Nearby are the pretty village of Ilam, the award-winning village of Alstonefield and Brassington, while golf, horse riding, cycling and sailing are all available within seven miles. Enjoy a day out at Alton Towers or visit the impressive Chatsworth House and Kedleston and Sudbury Halls, all within 10 miles. Also within easy reach are Matlock Bath, Carsington Water and Alton Towers, while further afield are the market towns of Ashbourne and Leek.