- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Sparrowpit 0.6 miles. A lovely, semi-detached barn conversion on a working dairy farm, enjoying superb country views, just outside the hamlet of Sparrowpit, 3 miles from the amenities of Chapel-en-le-Frith, 4 miles from Castleton.
Full of charm, this Peak District cottage has been lovingly converted, with a well-equipped kitchen, comfortable double bedroom and a cosy sitting room with beams and an electric woodburner-effect stove.
Enjoy beautiful walks from the doorstep over Rushup Edge and to Edale or Castleton, cycle on the nearby Tissington Trail or take a sightseeing tour of the wonderful Peak District National Park.
With the market town of Buxton within easy reach, this is an ideal Sparrowpit cottage to get away from it all and enjoy a break in the country.
One double bedroom. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Cosy sitting area with electric woodburner-effect stove. Note: Stairs open directly into bedroom.
- Electric storage heating with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, stereo
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Garden area with furniture, BBQ and fantastic countryside views
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Garden Cottage Peak District”
- “The cottage was very cosy and clean with everything you require to enjoy a pleasant holiday. The owners were very helpfull and polite. Castleton is a very friendly village with several places to eat.Having a pet and wanting to spend time with him we found it an advantage that dogs were welcome in some pubs and coffee shops.”
- “A Fabulous Hideway”
- “This cottage was in a wonderful "away from it all" location. it was very well set out, very well equiped and the owners were extremely nice people they made us all, including our golden retriever dog, feel extremely welcome. There were many and varied walks in and around the area and the cottage was a delightful retreat at the end of each day. We will certainly return.”
- “Nice holiday friendly hosts cottage just what we wanted.pefect to explore the peaks.”
- “Comfortable accommodation, peaceful and lovely surroundings, friendly and helpful owner.”
- “Excellent views and walks from the door. The owner was a brilliant man, very friendly and helpful. He gave us a tour of the farm, let us feed the animals and recommended so many things for us to do. Without a doubt he made our holiday.”
- “We had a really great time in this cottage. The location was ideal for us, the cottage very comfy and wonderful for the price, and the owners friendly and helpful.”
About the location
Chapel-en-le-Frith 3 miles; Castleton 4 miles; Buxton 6 miles.
Sparrowpit is a delightful little hamlet surrounded by verdant green countryside, set amongst the beautiful rolling fells of the Peak District National Park, boasting a village hall and many pretty cottages. Sparrowpit is perfectly situated for either an action packed break full of caving, climbing, and enjoying the great walks from the doorstep, or a quiet countryside break in this rural part of the Peaks. The Winnats Pass cuts a course through superb scenery down to Castleton, and is a delight for walkers, cyclists and motorists alike. Nearby are the pretty villages of Edale, the start of the Pennine Way, Castleton and Hope, while horse riding, cycling and walking and the wonderful Castleton Caves are all available within 7 miles. Enjoy a day out at Alton Towers or visit the impressive Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall, all within easy reach. Also within easy reach are Buxton, Matlock Bath and Carsington Water, while further afield are the market towns of Ashbourne and Leek.