- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Buxton 2.5 miles. A wonderfully-cosy studio apartment set in the rural hamlet of Cowdale, on the edge of the Peak District National Park and 2.5 miles south of Buxton.
The ground floor of an old stone barn, The Nest offers simple, comfortable and welcoming accommodation in a superb location for getting the most out of this fantastic area.
There is great and varied walking from the door, as well as a choice of renowned cycle trails within easy reach.
Throw in wonderful countryside, historic houses, theme parks and market towns offering fine, locally-produced food and drink, and you have plenty of reasons why The Nest is the ideal base for a relaxing and economical Peaks holiday.
Note: This property is next to Refs. 2942 and 10235, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor.
1 x studio room with drop-down 4ft double bed, kitchen area with ample storage, small dining area and sitting area with electric log-effect fire. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Electric fire and skirting heater
- Combination microwave/oven with 2-ring hob, microwave, small fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD player, WiFi
- Shared use of laundry room with washer/dryer
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Shared sitting area with garden furniture
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no smoking
- One well-behaved dog welcome, dog bed available
- Shops and pubs 2.5 miles (Buxton)
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times
- Note: Drop-down 4ft double bed folds into wall for additional living space during the daytime.
About the location
Tideswell 7 miles; Bakewell 12 miles; Matlock 21 miles.
It was the constant 28 degrees centigrade of the bubbling blue waters of Buxton's eight thermal springs that originally attracted the Romans to the town. However it was during the 18th and 19th centuries, under the patronage of successive Dukes of Devonshire, that the Palladian splendour of the Buxton of today was designed and built - including the magnificent semi-circular Crescent, The Great Stable, Hall Bank, The Square, The Pavilion Gardens and The Opera House. Today visitors continue to enjoy these magnificent buildings and gardens, as well as the Opera House's full programme and annual festivals of music and arts. There is good walking close by with rugged peaks to the north and gentle hills and dales to the south. A great base for exploring the Peak District.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute