- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An outstanding, detached cottage with outdoor hot tub offering stunning views of Thorpe Cloud, in the village of Thorpe.
From the beautiful garden, to the quality fixtures and fittings, this property is perfect for a romantic holiday or family break.
Boasting fabulous oak flooring, a spacious kitchen, delightful conservatory and stylish bedrooms, guests also enjoy exclusive use of the outdoor hot tub.
There are beautiful hiking routes within walking distance, taking in the famous stepping stones of the River Dove, and the 15th century tea room at Ilam.
With the market town of Ashbourne, the quaint villages of Ilam, Longnor and Hartington, and the Tissington Trail nearby, The Rest makes a wonderful base for enjoying the Derbyshire Dales!
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x room with day bed and doors to hot tub area. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner-effect gas stove. Conservatory.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front garden with pond, furniture and BBQ
- Private courtyard with hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub and hotel 5 mins walk
- Note: Uncovered garden pond and hot tub, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Hot tub not available on arrival day
- Note: The room with a day bed is set away from the others and can be used as a second sitting room if the total occupancy is below 5.
About the location
Ashbourne 4 miles.
The pretty village of Thorpe lies where the River Manifold meets the River Dove and is dominated by the wonderful conical hill of Thorpe Cloud - a 1000ft limestone hill which guards the entrance to Dovedale. It was the arrival of LNER'S Ashbourne to Buxton line that really started the Thorpe tourist boom. Today, the railway is no more, but every year, thousands of visitors make the journey to Dovedale - one of England's most famous and photographed beauty spots. Thorpe itself has two country house hotels with bar and restaurant, and a pub, whilst further amenities are available in the many nearby villages - Ilam, Tissington, Longnor and Hartington. A fabulous area for outdoor pursuits, the famous Tissington Trail is located close by, little over a mile to the east of the village. The nearby market town of Ashbourne - once a fashionable social centre of the 18th Century - boasts an eccentric street plan, quaint cobbled alleyways littered with old market stalls and welcoming coaching inns. Many fine Georgian buildings remain, hosting a good selection of restaurants, wine bars and interesting antique shops. A great touring base, with Alton Towers just a short drive away!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute