- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Cheadle 2 miles. These two lovely barn conversions sit next to the owners’ farmhouse, in pretty, rural surroundings in the village of Threapwood just 10 minutes’ drive from the popular attraction of Alton Towers. Both Threapwood cottages boast charming views across idyllic Staffordshire countryside and offer warm and welcoming hideaways, ideal for an enjoyable break in the peace and quiet of the Staffordshire Peak District. In warmer months, guests can step outside into the private gardens, just the spot for an evening drink or a meal in the sun with friends. Alton Towers is just a few minutes away by car, so thrill-seekers can easily obtain an adrenaline rush, whilst quieter days can be enjoyed at Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Trentham Gardens and the Churnet Valley Railway, or by exploring the many walking and cycling trails of the Peaks. Regardless of the time of the year, these two cottages near Alton Towers, booked together or separately, offer an ideal base to enjoy this varied part of the Staffordshire Peak District.
A wonderful detached cottage surrounded by lovely Staffordshire countryside.
This cottage near Alton Towers boasts a spacious king-size bedroom and a very compact single bedroom, suitable for a child, as well as an airy open plan living area, featuring a large floor-to-ceiling window, which makes the most of the rural location and attractive scenery.
This Staffordshire cottage has been thoughtfully decorated to provide a lovely countryside hideaway.
This cottage can be booked with Ref.
26262, together they sleep 7.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x 2'6" single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Oil central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Front patio with furniture, private rear lawned garden with patio and furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pubs 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Lovely cottage”
- “Lovely, clean and modern cottage, with fab views over open farm fields. Quiet location. Helpful owners. 10minutes from Alton Towers, and many other local attractions. Second bedroom bed is a top bunk only, not suitable for very young children. Could suit slim adult too.”
- “An excellent property”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay although it was a little of the beaten track. The property was excellent in all respects. Would certainly recommend for a quiet holiday. Only problem was lack of Wifi and mobile telephone signal.”
- “We enjoyed the setting of the cottage, it was quiet and relaxing yet close to shopping and other amenities. It is a good quality conversion; excellent craftsmanship, all solid wood with no synthetic materials in sight. There is lovely doorstep walking and other beautiful countryside and walks just a few minutes' drive away.”
- “Owner was really friendly; he explained everything to us and then he didn't bother us at all. We spent some really nice quality time with our family. Our daughter loved the little bed in the small bedroom. Generally very pleased; we will definitely go back soon!”
- “The view from the lounge & bedroom was lovely, a bit of a wow factor! We enjoyed the fact that it was a little bit out of the way because it was so peaceful & quiet, a great retreat. We enjoyed going to Dovedale and the Churnet Valley where the steam train runs is also lovely. We can thoroughly recommend this cottage.”
- “Fabulous Little cottage for two, very well maintained and cleaned to a high standard.”
- “What a wonderful cottage, would definitely recommend and will come again!”
- “A beautiful place, very quiet & tranquil and the dogs loved it as well. The owners were very friendly and helpful.”
- “A fantastic location and lovely property which was very well equipped. The owners couldn't have been more helpful.”
- “Beautifully situated property, lovely owners. Definitely recommend to anyone.”
- “Our cottage was in a beautiful setting, and made a perfect base for our planned day trips to Alton Towers. The owners were lovely and welcoming. The cottage, furnishings, and everything else provided was very clean and tidy, and we had everything we needed for a lovely family break. I would definitely recommend Orchard Cottage to family and friends.”
About the location
Alton Towers 5 miles.
In the heart of Staffordshire, the pretty market town of Cheadle is situated just outside of the Peak District National Park and is surrounded by lovely countryside. The town has a charming cobbled market place and is dominated by the historic St Giles Catholic Church, a beautiful example the work of A.W.N. Pugin. With some lovely little cottages and a pretty main street, Cheadle is an interesting little town to wander and discover independent shops and tea shops, not to mention some wonderful Victorian architecture. Families will be pleased to know Alton Towers is just 5 minutes' drive away, while a little further away is the Churnet Valley Railway, some magnificent walks and cycle tracks, and the market towns of Leek and Ashbourne. With the whole of the Peak District so easy to explore, Cheadle makes an ideal year-round base.