- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Alton 2 miles. A superb detached property set in the Staffordshire countryside close to the pretty village of Alton and famous Alton Towers Theme Park. Beautiful throughout providing comfortable accommodation, this Alton cottage is just perfect for small families or couples looking to enjoy this varied part of the Peak District. At this Alton cottage you are surrounded by countryside, whilst inside there are two welcoming bedrooms, a bathroom, a fitted kitchen with dining area and a cosy sitting room with open stonework and wooden floors. This Alton cottage has a lawned garden with patio and views of the wildlife that visit the surrounding fields and woodland. Alton is just two miles from this Staffordshire cottage and is a lovely little village, with a handful of shops and pubs serving good food. Alton Towers is just five miles away, so get your adrenaline pumping on the fast rides, relax in the large Waterpark or indulge in a luxurious spa treatment. There are wonderful walks from the doorstep and excellent cycle routes, plus the market town of Ashbourne is not too far away with character buildings and an array of antiques shops. Dovedale is not to be missed for beautiful walks and the famous stepping stones across the river - pretty on any day! Whatever you choose, a week won't be long enough at this delightful Alton cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with roll-top bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric range-style cooker with gas hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, PlayStation 2 with games, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Alton Towers 5 miles.
- Last minute
- “It was a beautiful barn, furnished to a high standard and spotless. Lovely peaceful location with views over rolling countryside. Highly recommend.”
- “Beautiful cottage, even nicer and more spacious than it looked. Particularly loved the roll top bath and the kitchen diner. The furnishings in the sitting room were extremely comfortable. Also in a gorgeous part of the world.”
- “Excellent accommodation, great location, very peaceful.”
- “Lovely location, perfect cottage.”
- “The barn in general was absolutely amazing, we all loved the kitchen and ate in for most of the week using the amazing range cooker. Overall, a fantastic experience.”
About the location
Ashbourne 7 miles.
Alton is a delightful historic village in the heart of the wonderful Staffordshire countryside, and is of course famed for the thrilling Alton Towers theme park just a few minutes’ drive away. There are many walks in the area, and the pretty, traditional villages of Denstone and Cotton are within easy reach. Located on the edge of the Peak District, there is plenty to do in the area; the market towns of Ashbourne and Leek are easily accessible, the historic houses of Haddon and Chatsworth are within easy reach, and there are numerous walking, cycling and climbing opportunities. A wonderful part of the Peaks with plenty to do whatever the time of year.