- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Alton Towers 2.5 miles. A group of detached luxury lodges, set in thirty acres of established woodlands in the pretty hamlet of Ramshorn, just two and a half miles from Alton Towers. The lodges have been designed to blend in perfectly with their natural surroundings, and feature the very latest in building design and construction, providing outstanding holiday accommodation. Individually styled and furnished to a very high standard, and offering direct access to the woodland, these fabulous properties exude style and character, whilst boasting all modern appliances, including Villeroy & Boch fitted bathrooms. The properties' open plan living areas feature well-equipped kitchens, stylish sitting areas and tables big enough for the whole party to enjoy a meal together, and the added bonus of a hot tub in some of the properties is ideal for that extra-special break. The pedestrian entrance to the ever-popular Alton Towers resort is just a 20 minute walk, and with the fabulous Waterpark and luxurious spa open all year round, not to mention the fantastic array of activities such as horse riding, golf and wonderful walking on offer in the area, the lodges at Ramshorn Wood, whether booked individually or together to accommodate larger groups, are truly a great base for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday at any time of the year. Note: Not all rides/attractions at Alton Towers open all year round - check with theme park for further information.
A superb detached lodge in a woodland setting, close to Alton Towers.
Finished to an exceptionally high standard, this spacious lodge is an ideal base for family or friends to enjoy an exciting break.
Six bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor twin, 2 x double (one with TV & en-suite shower, basin, WC), 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Additional ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Utility room. Spacious open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburner & doors to garden & woodland.
- Electric central heating with woodburner in sitting area
- Dual-fuel cooker, gas hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer in utility room, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD player, radio/CD player
- Fuel, power & starter pack of logs for woodburner inc. in rent (extra logs available to purchase from owner)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Highchair on request
- Patio with furniture & brick BBQ, open to woodland with pond
- Hot tub
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Sorry, no smoking & no pets
- Shop & pub 3 miles
- Alton Towers 20 mins walk, 5 mins drive
- Note: Depending on previous booking, hot tub may not always be at full temperature on arrival, please contact owner for more information
- Note: There are no gardens but guests are welcome to walk around the 30-acre woodland area
- Note: Check-in time is 4pm
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
- Last minute
- “Set in lovely woodlands makes you feel a million miles away but in truth there are lots of attractions very close at hand- giving you the best of both worlds. The property is very well kept and clean, with a log fire in the lounge area and a good size kitchen with lots of work space. The dining table is long with benches but it can get cramped- we solved this by using the chairs from outside and sat them at each end, which helped a lot. There are various bedrooms, including two on the ground floor (suitable for anyone with mobility problems). Bathrooms on both levels with lots of very hot water. Only a couple of niggles - there are ample plates, dishes, cups etc however there was a lack of cooking utensils which made catering for the whole party somewhat difficult. The dishwasher was not fantastic and there were no tea towels... but these are our only complaints! We had a fabulous stay and certainly hope to return!”
- “The accomadation and area was excellent. A very high standard. Everything was in very good order. Location very relaxing. Plenty of room. Couldnt want for better”
- “Highly recommended”
- “Lovely, spacious, modern accomodation. Slighly lacking in cutlery but otherwise, faultless. Highly recommended”
- “Fabulous Lodge!!”
- “This was a fabulous holiday lodge in a brilliant location. Tweleve of us fitted in there very comfortably! The house is well equipt and the bathrooms are lovely. Although in October the weater was a bit cold you would never have known as inside it was lovely and warm. Very good service from property owners and the properties are obviously well looked after. The only bad point is that we had to leave to come home!!! Will definitely be returning in the near future, we have taken away really happy memories with us!!”
- “very impressed, we plan to return & will use Sykes again”
- “Property was capable of sleeping 12, was very well thought out and presented, we shared with another family during our week (which meant 7 of us) and it could have accomodated another 5 people easily.”
- “The hot tub was amazing! What a treat! The beds were really comfortable and the living/kitchen area was very very excellent. A fantastic location for some good friends to catch up, relax and do some local activities including horse riding and eating. Truly a lovely barn!”
- “The setting was lovely, very peaceful. Although there were 10 of us, we never felt crowded. The hot tub was wonderful after a day at Alton Towers.”
- “Lovely location and accommodation. There was lots of open plan space downstairs and six good sized bedrooms. Perfect for a large family holiday. Really enjoyed the hot tub. We were lucky to have amazing weather for the time of year and had a lovely time.”
- “Had an amazing time! The hot tub looks out onto woodland and is fab! Bedrooms are lovely and spacious and bathrooms are clean and new! Log burner is perfect for the cosy nights!”
- “A perfect holiday home for a break with the family. Great service and care was provided by the ground staff and it was a lovely warm, modern, efficient cabin. Would highly recommend.”
- “Lovely open plan living space. Cottage in fantastic setting and location with a very helpful owner/caretaker who checked in on us.”
- “Nice big house. We had enough space for our party of nine and everyone felt comfortable. Nice quite location and barbecue area. Comfortable beds.”
- “Cottage was good for the family get together, all facilities were sufficient or better. Good location for Alton Towers and other local beauty spots and walks.”
- “Had a lovely stay at Weaver. Will be back next year! Great house for a family or friends stay. Thank you”
- “It was a great space as there were 12 of us, nobody felt that we were on top of one another. The forest is lovely, and the family had great walks.”
- “The open plan downstairs was perfect for a Christmas weekend away, and the accommodation was excellent value for money. The bedrooms were lovely. The whole place had a lovely Scandinavian feel.”
- “Loved the setting and the large kitchen/diner/lounge.”
About the location
RAMSHORN WOOD NEAR ALTON TOWERS
Alton Towers 2.5 miles; Ashbourne 12 miles.
The beautiful wooded hamlet of Ramshorn is just a 20-minute walk from the pedestrian entrance of the ever-popular Alton Towers. Britain's number one theme park, Alton Towers has rides and attractions aimed at everyone. And at the Alton Towers Resort, the fun continues all year round at the fabulous waterpark at Cariba Creek, the Alton Towers Spa (Pamper Day packages available), or by enjoying a round of Extraordinary Golf. With so much going on and regular seasonal events, the Alton Towers resort is a fabulous day out, no matter what the time of year, and so conveniently close to the Ramshorn Wood. Once you've had your fill of the thrills and spills, head for the nearby lovely market town of Ashbourne, with its eccentric street plan and narrow cobbled alleys, which features an array of delightful antique stores and a choice of good pubs and restaurants. Attractions like Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Dovedale, and the fantastic Derbyshire Villages Ilam, Hartington and Tissington - famous for the well dressings - are also within easy reach. The area offers so much variety in the way of outdoor pursuits - hire bicycles to take advantage of the region’s many famous cycle trails, relax with a round of golf on one of the superb courses, have a go at rock-climbing or pot-holing, or swap two legs for four and see this beautiful part of the country from horseback. Alternatively, take advantage of the many wonderful walks for all abilities which criss-cross the spectacular Peak District and Derbyshire Dales countryside. The perfect destination for all ages.