- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
This is a wonderful detached cottage, oozing character and beautifully presented, set on a leafy lane in the village of Thurlstone.
Beautifully appointed throughout and providing lovely welcoming accommodation, this Peak District cottage is just the spot for families looking for a rural retreat, yet nestles close to the heart of the village.
With pretty views of the lane and towards the river, this Peak District cottage boasts beams throughout and has three lovely bedrooms, two with a vaulted ceiling.
There is also a lovely kitchen with snug area and woodburning stove in this Peak District cottage, which leads to the living and dining area, ensuring plenty of space to enjoy time together.
Outside, this Thurlstone cottage has a pretty lawned area with furniture, leading to a wild "secret garden" area, creating a lovely space for all to enjoy.
The village of Thurstone provides some small village shops and a nice village pub, while the Trans-Pennine Trail is on the village doorstep.
A little further is the beautiful Peak District National Park.
Other places of interest in the area around your Peak District cottage include the popular village of Holmfirth, the cities of Sheffield, Leeds and York, and the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
For families looking for a lovely retreat and with easy access for many attractions, this Peak District cottage is just ideal all year round.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with original roll-top bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with snug and woodburning stove. Basement utility. Sitting room with dining area and electric stove.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove and electric stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate. Off road parking for 2 cars. Front patio, lawn and secret garden with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pubs 1 mile. Note: There are 12 stone steps leading to the basement utility, may not be suitable for those with limited mobility. Note: Due to farm animals nearby, ensure dogs are kept on a lead when outside. Note: No stag/hen or similar.
- Last minute
- “Had a fantastic time, the whole family loved the cottage. It was clean, homely and the owners were very accommodating. We would all recommend this cottage and would love to stay there again. A lovely location with fantastic views and great walks near by.”
- “Quiet, pretty area,handy for places to visit, with easy access to shops for supplies.Owner offered any help if we needed it.Leaflets supplied in the house about the area and places to visit. Lovely holiday break.”
- “We have a dog and it was great being accessible to dry underfoot dog walks. Anything we needed was within walking distance, including food shopping. The cottage was warm and inviting from the time we arrived to the time we left. The bed was comfortable and all linen was provided. Will be booking again.”
- “The standard of both the cottage and location were outstanding. We feel that we have barely 'scratched the surface' in a week, and hope to return in the future. Everything that you could possibly wish for was provided in the cottage. It was cosy, well appointed and spotlessly clean.”
- “The cottage had everything that we needed. The weather was freezing but the cottage was very warm & cosy. We would highly recommend.”
- “Leapings Cottage is fantastically appointed with quality. Very clean and an overall homely feeling. Felt very at home. Great location, great walks and good for parking several cars.”
- “The cottage was spacious & very clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The location was good as we had our pet dog with us so could join the Pennine trail immediately behind the cottage without having to get in the car. We enjoyed our weekend break at Leapings Cottage and would definitely return.”
- “Fantastic cottage, with everything needed for a comfortable and happy family holiday. All the little details made it perfect.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and perfectly clean when we arrived. We were pleasantly surprised since the pictures on the web site do not give over such a nice cottage. The surrounding areas and villages are really quiet and offer a relaxing holiday.”
About the location
Penistone 1 mile; Holmfirth 8 miles.
Thurlstone is a lovely little rural village on the banks of the River Don, with stone-built cottages, dis-used mills and a scattering of small shops and pubs. Thurlstone is located close to the north-eastern edge of the beautiful Peak District National Park, providing easy access to the moorland, and there are many cycle paths, bridleways and footpaths to explore. Within easy reach from Thurlstone are Cawthorn Park, Langsett, Broomhead, Derwent Reservoir (of Dambusters fame) and Moorhall Dams, which are all worth a day of exploration. In addition, the Trans-Pennine Trail passes through the village. The wonderful village of Holmfirth, made famous by ‘Last of the Summer Wine’, is close by and the Peak District National Park offers walks, mountain biking, market towns and pretty villages. This area provides excellent opportunities for golfing, clay pigeon shooting, horse trekking and visits to the coal mine museum and various stately homes, such as Cannon Hall, Wentworth Castle and Chatsworth. Thurlstone also offers easy access to Sheffield (Meadowhall Shopping Centre is 20 minutes' away), Leeds, York, Manchester, Huddersfield and even the Yorkshire Dales National Park.