- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely, traditional terraced cottage is in the popular village of Tideswell, nine miles from the spa town of Buxton. This quality Tideswell cottage is full of character with beams, exposed stone walls and wood panelling. Perfect for families, this Tideswell cottage has four welcoming bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite shower room, a well-equipped kitchen, comfortable sitting room, and pretty, enclosed patio garden. Just a short walk from this Tideswell cottage are the village amenities, which include excellent pubs, local eateries, quaint shops and an ice cream parlour. Nearby, walking, cycling and climbing can all be enjoyed, plus Buxton, the market town of Bakewell and the superb Chatsworth House are well worth visiting. This Tideswell cottage is ideal at any time of year.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor single with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x double, 1 x single accessed via 2 steps up from landing. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi, library of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Roadside parking, with additional parking in pub car park opposite cottage
- Enclosed patio garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “warm and comfortable”
- “A very nice cottage with good facilities well located to travel in all directions to explore the peaks. Tideswell is also a very attractive village with all the amenities and lots of character”
- “well located, well equiped, warm and comfortable.”
- “A very enjoyable stay, a very convenient location - could manage without a car if necessary, public transport good. One improvement could be made - the oven didn't work very well, and needed a good clean.”
- “Very nice cottage, good location”
- “We had a very good week in this cottage. It is well furnished and comfortable, with all the equipment needed for a pleasant stay. There is good heating for a winter holiday. I would say that it would be a little cramped for the maximum of seven but there is a limit of four adults, which is sensible, as two of the bedrooms are very small. It is very well located in a large village, with plenty of eating places and some shops. Also easy reach of most of the Peak District. We would use this again.”
- “Lovely positioned cottage right in the middle of town. Downstairs bedroom ideal for my Mum with her own en-suite. We loved this holiday, the children said it was the best yet and we plan to come back to do more walking.”
- “The cottage was in a very central location.”
- “Queens Cottage was cosy and comfortable. Tideswell is a lovely village to explore and the area is stunning.”
- “Very clean property and an excellent location between Buxton and Bakewell. Lots to do and would recommend Chatsworth House and Bakewell particularly.”
- “Loved the location.Tideswell is such a good village to stay in. Friendly, excellent pubs, and shops. Cottage was warm enough for a winter stay.”
- “We had a wonderful holiday at Queens Cottage in Tideswell. The village was charming, the walks exceptional, and the cottage cosy. The cottage was warm, updated, and very comfortable. Even with five adults, the cottage was roomy enough. Altogether a very special Christmas.”
About the location
Buxton 9 miles; Bakewell 9 miles.
The village of Tideswell stands in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Famous for its fine church dedicated to St John the Baptist, known as "The Cathedral of the Peak", the village is also noted for its well dressing and carnival wakes. There is excellent walking with rugged peaks to the north, gentle hills and dales to the south and Millers Dale just outside the village. Mam Tor and Castleton are only a few miles away and the popular Spa town of Buxton is within a 15 minute drive. Tideswell has many fine country inns, a chemist, butchers, bakers and much more including a convenient supermarket open daily until 10pm. The pretty little market town of Bakewell is also just a short drive away and well worth a visit.