- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Situated on the edge of the village of Peak Forest, just 4 miles from the villages of Tideswell and Chapel-en-le-Frith, is this lovely first floor barn conversion. This Peak Forest cottage has been lovingly converted and decorated with an open plan living area with beams including a kitchen and a cosy sitting room. There is a comfortable double bedroom at this Peak Forest cottage making it ideal for a romantic break. Enjoy walks from the doorstep of this Peak Forest cottage towards Castleton, Edale and Tideswell, or take a day to cycle on the nearby Tissington Trail. The spa town of Buxton and the market town of Bakewell are just a short drive away, while Haddon Hall and Chatsworth are close by, making this a delightful Peak Forest cottage for a holiday in the country. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 5513 and 5630, and together they accommodate 8 people.
All first floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric heating
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, TV
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Shared garden area with furniture and countryside views
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: This property is accessed by 10 stone steps.
- Last minute
- “Peak Perfect”
- “Hayloft is in great location and is very cosy with all facilities for two people. Lots of nice pubs to eat in nearby and very easy to reach all the sites and beautiful scenery in Peak District and parts of Yorkshire.”
- “Very quiet but close to several interesting places. Brilliant safe garden and field for dogs with lots of fantastic walks and village pubs. Had a great holiday.”
- “Ideal property for 2 people with everything you need. Property located in a good location near many walks and beautiful countryside.”
- “The settings. The scenery around the Hay Loft was amazing. The location was also another advantage. You were close to villages such as Bakewell, Buxton, Tideswell but also cities such as Derby and Manchester.”
- “The Hayloft is perfectly situated within easy driving distance to Castleton where you can find some amazing walks and caverns. It's also quite close to Bakewell, Buxton, Edale and Chatsworth. Tideswell is the nearest village where you can pick up essentials and is a very nice village.The Hayloft itself was cosy and very comfortable. The owners are around if you need anything and are really nice and helpful. Fantastic holiday. Thank you The only improvement I would make to the Hayloft would be to put a little radio in there as you don't always want the tv on first thing in the morning”
About the location
Tideswell 4 miles; Chapel-en-le-Frith 4 miles; Buxton 4 miles.
The ancient and peaceful village of Peak Forest is situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, boasting an excellent pub, which serves good food. The village is named for the Royal Forest of the Peak, which was an open area used as a royal hunting park rather than a forested area. Peak Forest has a church, which was founded in 1657 by the Countess of Devonshire and until the 18th century, its vicar had considerable freedom in conducting marriage ceremonies, hence Peak Forest became Derbyshire’s Gretna Green. Eldon Hole, one of the seven wonders of the Peak, is surrounded by superb walking country. Nearby are the pretty villages of Edale, the start of the Pennine Way, Castleton, with four spectacular caverns to visit, the ‘plague’ village of Eyam, and Tideswell, where the church is regarded as the cathedral of the Peak. Horse riding, cycling and swimming at the open-air pool in Hethersage and the wonderful Castleton Caves are all available within 7 miles. Enjoy a day out at Alton Towers or visit the impressive Chatsworth House estate, Haddon Hall, or the house and glorious gardens at Lyme Park, all within easy reach.