- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An outstanding little terraced cottage in the heart of the bustling village of Tideswell.
Beautifully appointed throughout to provide wonderful accommodation, this Tideswell cottage offers stone flagged floors, beams, open stonework and a woodburning stove, just perfect for a couple or small family to enjoy this intimate space.
This Tideswell holiday home is tastefully decorated throughout, offering a perfect cottage atmosphere with modern touches.
The main bedroom boasts a vaulted ceiling and very unusual beams, as well as an en-suite bathroom.
Downstairs in this Tideswell cottage, the cosy sitting room with woodburning stove is a lovely room to curl up and relax in.
Outside this Tideswell cottage is a pretty raised gravelled patio to sit and enjoy a drink in the evening sun.
Excellent walking is on offer in the area around your Tideswell cottage, from a challenging hike in the rugged peaks to gentler strolls in the southern hills and dales.
Amble through the village and take in the wonderful church, plus Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and the spa town of Buxton are all just a short drive from your Tideswell cottage, which is an excellent base for a holiday all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (accessed via double bedroom). Kitchen with pantry. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Raised patio with furniture accessed by 9 stone steps. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 2 mins walk, pub 3 mins walk. Note: Only bathroom is en-suite to double bedroom. Note: Due to the steep stairs inside and outside, cottage only accepts children over 5 years of age.
- Last minute
- “Exceeded our Expectations!”
- “Quirky cottage in a quiet, welcoming village. The cottage was immaculate, we could not fault the cleanliness of the property, it was fully equipped with everything we needed. The attention to detail really exceeded our expectations. The beds were very comfortable, towels provided were soft and fluffy and the lounge, dining area was very cosy. It was an old cottage which delivered all modern facilities at a very reasonable price. All amenities including a butchers, coffee shop, co-op and village pubs were right on our doorstep. Emma, the owner, was very attentive and only a phone call away.”
- “A great cottage, really nicely decorated and had a warm feeling. In a great location.”
- “Small but perfectly formed cottage, decorated and furnished with great restraint but still keeping its cosy cottage feel. Tideswell is a lovely spot, with shops, pubs and cafes on the doorstep and more than enough great walks in the area to keep us busy for the week. This is certainly an area we'd like to come back to and we'd love to stay in this cottage again if we do.”
- “A beautiful cottage, I could happily live in it! 10/10! Had a lovely weekend away with 3 close friends, enjoyed the snowy scenery outside, and long chats in the cosy lounge inside. The village has everything you need with a co-op and pubs.”
- “Such a lovely stay in a cosy & beautiful cottage in a friendly and scenic village. We'll definitely go back again.”
- “The cottage was wonderfully warm, very beautifully furnished and generously equipped.”
- “The Cottage itself and the location were fantastic. The Cottage was of a high standard with everything we needed. The log burner made the Cottage lovely and cosy.”
- “Beautiful cottage - particularly stunning main bedroom.”
- “The cottage is extremely 'quaint' and well decorated/maintained.”
- “The cottage was clean warm and welcoming with everything we needed. Shops and pubs handy and serving great food.”
- “Lovely cottage and we really enjoyed ourselves. Would recommend this for a romantic weekend or small family break. The cleanliness was excellent and we will be going back. Take your bikes and we also recommend the quad trekking at the adventure park. Thank you for a well needed weekend.”
- “Property tastefully refurbished and cosy. We benefited from excellent weather as well!”
- “Beautiful cottage. Perfect for a romantic getaway. Well situated in the middle of a small town for local shops and pubs, but very quiet and relaxing. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.”
About the location
Buxton 9 miles; Bakewell 9 miles.
The village of Tideswell stands in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Famous for its fine church dedicated to St John the Baptist, known as "The Cathedral of the Peak", the village is also noted for its well dressing and carnival wakes. There is excellent walking with rugged peaks to the north, gentle hills and dales to the south and Millers Dale just outside the village. Mam Tor and Castleton are only a few miles away and the popular Spa town of Buxton is within a 15 minute drive. Tideswell has many fine country inns, a chemist, butchers, bakers and much more including a convenient supermarket open daily until 10pm. The pretty little market town of Bakewell is also just a short drive away and well worth a visit.