“The cottage was what we expected ...”The cottage was what we expected very cosy and warm
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A cosy terraced cottage on the edge of the popular village of Tideswell, finished to a good standard.
This comfortable Tideswell cottage makes a good quality base to return to after a day enjoying the area, with two bedrooms, a conservatory and a comfortable atmosphere throughout.
A short walk from village amenities, including excellent pubs, local eateries, quaint shops and an ice-cream parlour, this Tideswell cottage is also ideally placed for enjoying the walking, climbing and cycling of the area.
With its central position in the heart of the Peak District National Park, and close proximity to Buxton, Bakewell and Chatsworth House, this is the perfect Tideswell cottage for a relaxing or romantic break.
Two bedrooms: 2 x doubles. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with gas fire. Conservatory.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD,CD/stereo
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking on a first come, first served basis
- Lovely lawned garden with 11 ridged metal steps, garden bench and some village views
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: 11 stone and 11 ridged metal steps from cottage to lawn area - ensure children are supervised at all times.
About the location
Buxton 9 miles; Bakewell 9 miles.
The village of Tideswell stands in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Famous for its fine church dedicated to St John the Baptist, known as "The Cathedral of the Peak", the village is also noted for its well dressing and carnival wakes. There is excellent walking with rugged peaks to the north, gentle hills and dales to the south and Millers Dale just outside the village. Mam Tor and Castleton are only a few miles away and the popular Spa town of Buxton is within a 15 minute drive. Tideswell has many fine country inns, a chemist, butchers, bakers and much more including a convenient supermarket open daily until 10pm. The pretty little market town of Bakewell is also just a short drive away and well worth a visit.