- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A lovely Peak District cottage in an elevated position, on the edge of the historic village of Cromford in Derbyshire.
Thoughtfully decorated throughout to provide welcoming and cosy holiday accommodation, this Cromford cottage is just the place for a couple or a small family who wish to discover the beauty of this lovely area.
The front of this charming Cromford cottage offers village views that extend across the nearby rooftops to the rolling hills beyond, with the open plan living area providing a delightful place to relax and settle beside the gas stove after a day spent exploring.
Outside this Cromford cottage is a covered courtyard, meaning you can delight in outdoor living all year round, whilst at the front is a small bench, the perfect place to sit with a book and admire the sweeping sights.
Cromford provides visitors with a variety of traditional village shops and pubs, not to mention the stunning walks and cycle routes on offer, with those trailing along the beautiful River Derwent and into the Peak District National Park.
For families who seek a thrilling day out to remember, then nearby Gulliver's Kingdom is definitely worth a visit.
The Heights of Abraham are also within easy reach, providing a fantastic way to indulge in the incredible views of the area; whilst a trip to uncover the splendour of Chatsworth House is not to be missed.
This is a lovely little Cromford cottage to be enjoyed all year round!
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x second floor twin. Bathroom with freestanding bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas stove.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in covered courtyard, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking on first come, first served basis
- Free, unrestricted parking in the village square, 1 min walk
- Enclosed, rear, covered courtyard with furniture and front bench
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk
- Note: This cottage is in an elevated position, a steep climb is required to access it with 7 stone steps to the entrance
- Note: The twin room has sloping ceilings with restricted headroom and is accessed by steep, open tread wooden stairs.
- Last minute
About the location
Matlock Bath 1 mile; Matlock 3 miles; Bakewell 10 miles.
Set in the beautiful wooded gorge of the River Derwent and surrounded by wooded hills and cliffs, the village of Cromford lies just one mile from the vibrant spa town of Matlock Bath and three miles from Matlock. Famous for its connections with Sir Richard Arkwright and the cotton trade, and often referred to as the cradle of the Industrial Revolution. Today, Cromford offers a selection of quality pubs, shops and cafés, as well as Arkwright’s Cromford Mill and canal, a world heritage site. The area boasts an abundance of attractions such as Gulliver's Kingdom, the nearby Peak District Mining Museum and splendid Chatsworth House. Visitors can take a ride on the Heights of Abraham cable car and take in the views in style, whilst the more active are catered for with plentiful walking around the Derwent Valley and the White Peak, as well as rock climbing and also with cycling opportunities at Carsington Water and the High Peak, Monsal and Tissington Cycle Trails.