- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A lovely detached family-sized property in a quiet location in the pretty Peak District town of Wirksworth.
Welcoming throughout and providing spacious accommodation, this Wirksworth cottage is a great base for exploring this beautiful part of Derbyshire.
The sitting room enjoys access to the garden, and the lovely comfy seating makes it a great room to sit and enjoy that much-needed time together.
This Wirksworth cottage also has a separate dining room, great for special meals, and four bedrooms, making this Derbyshire cottage a real family retreat.
Outside, this Wirksworth cottage has a lovely enclosed garden overlooking playing fields, with mature trees providing a shady area.
On the doorstep of this cottage, Wirksworth itself is steeped in history, with an array of interesting architecture, good shops, pubs and restaurants, and a lively weekly market, not to be missed.
With scenic walks, great cycling, Carsington Water and Puzzle Gardens nearby, this is an ideal Wirksworth cottage in a wonderful holiday location.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with patio doors to garden.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Lovely house with a friendly atmosphere!”
- “We stayed as a large group of friends over New Year, and found this a great house. Warm and welcoming, with ample living and dining space for 9 people, although the sofas were a little dated (still comfy though). The house is in a cul-de-sac and overlooks the playing fields so it's very peaceful, but with decent pubs and shopping nearby, including a big supermarket 5mins drive away. You definitely need a car to get around! To really explore the Peak District, this cottage would require an early morning and a longer drive, but if, like us, you're looking for a comfy bed, easy location and a home from home, then this is for you. Already planning our next visit!”
- “Good property in pleasant town”
- “Stayed for 5 nights in this property during March 2013. It is a newly built property in a group of four others at the end of an unmade road. It is next to a school playground so there is usually some sport to watch out of the rear windows! Downstairs rooms are good size and most of the usual facilities are provided. Bedrooms are reasonable but double room is only just big enough for a double bed and en-suite attached to main bedroom is very small. Might be an idea for the owner to move the twin beds into the double room instead? Wirksworth is an interesting town with lots of pubs, shops, etc. Very handy for Matlock and surrounding Peak District. Overall a good rental but slightly soulless and bedrooms not spacious!”
- “Great location and the house was lovely, really clean and everything worked well, everything that needed instructions had them etc! It was great to have a nice big living room we could all relax in as well as a separate dining room. Wonderful house would definitely recommend it to others.”
- “The size and quality of this property were excellent value.”
- “This is a very comfortable and well appointed cottage. It is particularly good as it has a downstairs toilet which is very useful if you are elderly or disabled. As we were holidaying with my 90 year old mother this was a Godsend.”
- “Had a fantastic stay in a lovely place with brilliant facilities and unbelievable value for money.The WiFi was a lovely bonus.The local area and people were equally fantastic with a lovely friendly atmosphere.”
- “Very comfortable and clean. We all had a wonderful stay. Thank you.”
About the location
Matlock 6 miles.
Wirksworth is a small, charming market town situated just a few miles from Matlock, on the edge of the White Peak. Wirksworth is full of character with many buildings of architectural interest, including its magnificent parish church. The town offers a leisure centre with a climbing wall and a small trainer swimming pool, an art deco independent cinema, a weekly market and a monthly farmers' market. Visitors will enjoy exploring the ancient “jitties” and courtyards of the Puzzle Gardens, along with the Heritage Centre and the delightful surrounding countryside including nearby Carsington Water, Black Rocks and the High Peak Trail. Rock climbing and cycling can be enjoyed here at every level, and there is good walking all around. Well Dressing is unique to Derbyshire, and Wirksworth combines this tradition with a lively carnival, and the annual Arts festival attracts international performers of every kind. Beautiful Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are within easy reach, as well as Matlock Bath, with its spectacular cable car, the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and Gulliver's Kingdom. Only two miles away, the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site in Cromford is not to be missed. In all, Wirksworth is a great location for a varied holiday.