- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, brick and stone-built terraced cottage, situated at the heart of the popular market town of Wirksworth, 6 miles from Matlock.
Dating from the 18th century, the cottage has been lovingly renovated to retain original features including old beams and feature fireplaces, which create a feeling of olde worlde charm.
Over three floors, Torr's Cottage features a cosy ground floor snug with open fire, a lovely first floor sitting room, an outdoor 'grotto' with inset lighting and a spiral staircase to a decked balcony area.
Steeped in history, Wirksworth boasts interesting architecture, good shops, pubs and a weekly market.
Enjoy scenic walks and cycling or visit Carsington Water nearby.
An ideal holiday location!
Over three floors. Two second floor bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x compact family room with small double & single bunk over. First floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor fitted kitchen. Ground floor snug with dining area & open fire. First floor sitting room with sofa bed.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD/CD, WiFi, library of books/games
- Fuel, power & starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair
- Small residents' car park 40 metres from cottage or roadside parking, both on first come, first served basis
- Small outdoor 'grotto' with seating, decked balcony with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 min walk
- Note: Internal stairs in this property are steep & winding & unsuitable for small children or guests with limited mobility
- Note: Decked balcony accessed via spiral stairs.
- Last minute
About the location
Matlock 6 miles.
Wirksworth is a small, charming market town situated just a few miles from Matlock, on the edge of the White Peak. Wirksworth is full of character with many buildings of architectural interest, including its magnificent parish church. The town offers a leisure centre with a climbing wall and a small trainer swimming pool, an art deco independent cinema, a weekly market and a monthly farmers' market. Visitors will enjoy exploring the ancient “jitties” and courtyards of the Puzzle Gardens, along with the Heritage Centre and the delightful surrounding countryside including nearby Carsington Water, Black Rocks and the High Peak Trail. Rock climbing and cycling can be enjoyed here at every level, and there is good walking all around. Well Dressing is unique to Derbyshire, and Wirksworth combines this tradition with a lively carnival, and the annual Arts festival attracts international performers of every kind. Beautiful Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are within easy reach, as well as Matlock Bath, with its spectacular cable car, the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and Gulliver's Kingdom. Only two miles away, the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site in Cromford is not to be missed. In all, Wirksworth is a great location for a varied holiday.