- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A unique, 17th century terraced cottage, situated at the heart of the historic market town of Wirksworth, 6 miles from Matlock. Formerly a public house during the 1700s, this charming property has been carefully modernised to an exceptionally high standard, whilst still retaining much original character, including exposed beams, stone fireplace surrounds and delightful parquet wood flooring. Well equipped and spacious, the property also boasts an open fire in the dining room and a lovely courtyard style patio area, ideal for dining alfresco. Wirksworth is steeped in history, with an array of interesting architecture, good shops, pubs and restaurants, and a lively weekly market not to be missed. With scenic walks, great cycling and Carsington Water and Puzzle Gardens nearby, this is an ideal holiday location.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x 1st floor super king-size double, 1 x 1st floor twin, 1 x 2nd floor king-size double, 1 x 2nd floor family room with king-size double and 2 single beds. 2nd floor bathroom with roll-top bath, basin & WC. 2nd floor shower room with shower. Ground floor basin/WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Utility room. Dining room with open fire. 1st floor sitting room.
- Gas central heating with open fire in dining room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, video, DVD, radio/CD, small library of books
- Fuel, power & initial supply of fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Roadside parking, extra parking in nearby public car park
- Rear courtyard with furniture & BBQ
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 mins, pub 1 min walk
- Note: Pets must be kept on ground floor
- Note: Steep, narrow and uneven stairs inside (2 sets with approx
- 10 steps each) which may be unsuitable for less mobile and very young
- Ensure care is taken
- Please call office for further details
- Note: This owner requires a £300 refundable Good Housekeeping bond.
- Last minute
About the location
Matlock 6 miles.
Wirksworth is a small, charming market town situated just a few miles from Matlock, on the edge of the White Peak. Wirksworth is full of character with many buildings of architectural interest, including its magnificent parish church. The town offers a leisure centre with a climbing wall and a small trainer swimming pool, an art deco independent cinema, a weekly market and a monthly farmers' market. Visitors will enjoy exploring the ancient “jitties” and courtyards of the Puzzle Gardens, along with the Heritage Centre and the delightful surrounding countryside including nearby Carsington Water, Black Rocks and the High Peak Trail. Rock climbing and cycling can be enjoyed here at every level, and there is good walking all around. Well Dressing is unique to Derbyshire, and Wirksworth combines this tradition with a lively carnival, and the annual Arts festival attracts international performers of every kind. Beautiful Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are within easy reach, as well as Matlock Bath, with its spectacular cable car, the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and Gulliver's Kingdom. Only two miles away, the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site in Cromford is not to be missed. In all, Wirksworth is a great location for a varied holiday.