- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Wetton Barns, Chatsworth Estate
Wetton Barns are at the most westerly extent of the Chatsworth Estate, and are situated in the heart of the pretty stone built village of Wetton, a 40-minute drive from the stately Chatsworth House, in the White Peak countryside. These Chatsworth cottages are situated around a pretty courtyard, with some views of the Derbyshire/Staffordshire countryside. These Chatsworth barns have been beautifully converted by the Chatsworth Estate from three traditional stone barns into six wonderful stone cottages, and now provide comfortable and cosy accommodation. Incorporating woodburners to relax in front of after a day of exploration, beams and some vaulted ceilings, the cottages have sympathetically retained some of the character of these beautiful barn conversions. These Chatsworth cottages offer off road parking, pretty shared gardens and a barbecue area for all the properties to enjoy those sunny Peak District evenings. Wetton is ideal for exploring the local countryside areas of the Dove and Manifold valleys, taking advantage of the beautiful walks and cycle trails on offer. Thors Cave is perfect for exploration and offers superb views of the valleys below, while the picture-perfect village of Hartington is just 5 miles away and has a range of shops and eateries. Alton Towers is less than half an hour's drive away from these Chatsworth cottages, making them a great base for the whole family.
A lovely end-terrace Chatsworth cottage in the Wetton Barns courtyard, on the Chatsworth Estate.
This Chatsworth cottage has a lovely open plan living area and has bags of character including beams and a cosy woodburner.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Refs.
17464, 17465, 17466, 904710 and 904711, together they sleep 30.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Oil central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shared patio and garden with furniture and BBQ area. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 5 miles, pub 1 min walk. Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 10am.
- Last minute
- “Only stayed for 3 nights for a short break with our grandson and our dog but it was lovely it was very clean it seemed to have everything we needed. The pub is a two min walk and is very friendly and they do very nice food plus it is also dog friendly we would go back”
- “Lovely family break”
- “We had a wonderful week here at the beginning of the year :) the cottage was everything we could have asked for, and the Victoria sponge on arrival was a great surprise. Our son had decided he was going to light the fire and he managed it, which ment our dog had a lovely cosy spot to relax :) The immediate area is lovely, you can just walk in any direction straight from the front door :) The village pub is very friendly, cosy, dog friendly and the food is lovely and good value :) Hope to go back :)”
- “Perfect spot for walkers and cyclists”
- “Hallows cottage is in the centre of Wetton and therefore has easy access to the Manifold way and all the wonderful walks in the area. The local pub is friendly and can provide reasonable food on those nights when cooking is not something you want to do. Shops, however, are a car ride away! This is a great plac from which to explore the area. If the is a down side it is that there was a strong scent of dog when we visited so you need to be aware that pet friendly means that pets have stayed.”
- “We were made to feel every welcome by the caretaker. There was plenty of information about the surrounding area available in the Cottage. The Cottage was warm and cosy with plenty of hot running water. Tranquility and calmness abounded.”
About the location
Ashbourne 8 miles.
The tranquil, stone-built village of Wetton is ideally situated in an elevated position at the most westerly extent of the Chatsworth estate, above the valleys of Manifold and Dove, in the beautiful White Peak countryside of the Peak District National Park. Located off the beaten track, the village boasts a fine old inn and a 14th century church, with an external staircase to its belfry. The spectacular Thors cave, rising 360ft above the river Manifold with its 60ft entrance, has over the years yielded ancient bones and artefacts dating back to 600 BC, whilst the river itself provides excellent walks and cycling opportunities through wonderful rural scenery. The nearby, charming village of Alstonefield, situated on a limestone plateau 900 feet above sea level, has won the Best Kept Village Award ten times and is home to Hope House Costume Museum and Restoration Workshop as well as the excellent George pub, enjoyed by visitors from near and far. Follow the Manifold Trail along the route of the old Leek to Manifold Light Railway, or visit the market town of Ashbourne with its narrow cobbled alleys littered with Georgian architecture, fine restaurants and antiques shops. A wonderful location for a relaxing break, at any time of year.