- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A pretty, Grade II listed cottage set in the heart of the Derbyshire village of Winster.
Welcoming throughout and providing cosy accommodation, this Winster cottage is just the spot for couples or families wanting to enjoy the lovely Peak District countryside.
Set over three floors with exposed beams and lintels, this lovely little Winster cottage also offers a warming woodburning stove in the sitting room to relax in front of after a day of walks.
Outside this Derbyshire cottage is a delightful enclosed courtyard garden to enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine!
The conservation village of Winster boasts a well-stocked community village shop and cafe as well as two excellent pubs, a lovely children's playground, just one minute’s walk away, and is home to a 17th century Market House which is owned by the National Trust.
Matlock, Bakewell and Chatsworth House are close by, as well as magnificent walks from the doorstep.
For the more adventurous, Carsington Water, with its many activities, is only nine miles away.
This is an excellent base for a wonderful Peak District holiday all year round.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single, 1 x second floor family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in cloakroom, TV with Freeview and DVD in sitting room, TV with DVD/video in family room for video and DVD use only, WiFi, selection of videos and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Free roadside parking 100 yards from cottage
- Stone bench and flower beds to front
- Rear enclosed courtyard garden with furniture, BBQ and secure shed for bike storage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and children's playground 1 min walk
- Note: Due to the sloping ceiling in the second floor family room there may be limited headroom.
About the location
Bakewell 6 miles; Matlock 4.5 miles.
The conservation village of Winster is situated within the White Peak area of the Peak District National Park and is an extremely pretty place, with a charming 17th century market house at its centre, and other imposing 17th and 18th century houses, many three storeys high. The three main streets - Main Street, East Bank and West Bank are interconnected by alleyways known as ‘ginnels’, which are well worth exploring. The village of Winster is famous for its Morris dancers, the annual Shrove Tuesday pancake race, Wakes festivities in June, and the Secret Gardens of Winster event in July. Within the village there is a well-stocked, community-owned general store incorporating a Post Office. There are two pubs, both serving food and traditional beer. Bakewell, Matlock, Chatsworth House, and the Peak Rail Steam Railway are all nearby and, for keen walkers and cyclists, The Limestone Way runs along the edge of the village. The Tissington and High Peaks walking and cycling trails, with bike hire available, both lie less than 5 miles from the village, a wonderful base for exploring the Peak District.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute