- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A wonderful terraced cottage, set in the heart of Longnor in Staffordshire Peak District.
Beautifully appointed throughout to create cosy yet modern accommodation, this Longnor cottage is ideal for couples or small families to enjoy the beauty of this part of the Peak District National Park.
Set over three floors, with an unusual split staircase, you will find village views from the front of the property, two lovely bedrooms and a modern bathroom.
Downstairs, this Longnor cottage offers a delightful kitchen/diner, with character beams and stone window ledges, and the wonderfully cosy sitting room comes complete with a woodburning stove.
Outside, this Longnor cottage has a beautiful shared patio with furniture and stunning views over the Staffordshire countryside.
The quaint, cobbled village of Longnor provides an array of shops and traditional pubs, whilst nearby, the Manifold Valley and Tissington Trail offer great walking and cycling opportunities.
With the spa town of Buxton, the lovely market town of Bakewell and thrilling Alton Towers theme park within easy reach, there is plenty of varied activities on offer from this superb Longnor cottage.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms (zip/link, can be twin on request): 1 x super king-size double, 1 x second floor super king-size double. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Electric central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, additional wood on an honesty box basis. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Shared patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 1 min walk.
- “We went to stay at Harold's Cottage with our two teenage children over the New Year period and its was a fantastic stay. The cottage was beautifully decorated absolutely spotless and a pleasure to stay in. There were very tasteful and Christmas touches in every room and some champagne and chocolates to see the new year in such a thoughtful touch which was very much appreciated. The cottage is cosy but spacious at the same time. In a very pretty village with everything that you need within walking distance. The views are wonderful and some great walks in the area. All round a perfect break would definitely recommend and will definitely be going back.”
- “Fantastic !!”
- “We had the most wonderful stay at harolds house . The weather was kind so we managed some amazing walks straight from the door . There are three pubs , a fish and chip shop (scrummy) , tea rooms and a sandwich shop in the village . The cottage was so cosy with sumptuous beds, fantastic bathroom with great big bath , wood burning stove and a fabulous cottage feel . There was everything you could ever need in the cottage.. Helen and Garry , the owners , are so lovely and available should you need them .Well worth a visit . We will be back”
- “We had a lovely relaxing week in this fabulous cottage. It was a real home from home, everything you could ask for. Cottage was a great base for exploring the area, particularly enjoyed Days out in Buxton, Bakewell and Matlock Bath.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable and cosy in a great location, with lovely walks straight from the door. It was very well equipped and everything of a very high standard. We had a very relaxing week.”
- “This is one of the best cottages we have stayed in. It was so beautifully appointed and we would love to return. Everything you could want was in the cottage and it's obviously well cared for. What a fabulous location for exploring the Peak District.”
- “A delightful cottage in delightful village, with all amenities a stone's throw away. A great location for walking the popular trails in the Peak District.”
- “An excellent location in a quiet village with good local amenities and very high quality accommodation.”
- “Harold's House was excellent in every respect. It was very clean, comfortable and cosy. The décor was modern and bright, the beds were ultra comfortable and the bathroom was fantastic. It had all the home comforts one could wish for and then some! It was situated in a very convenient location for walking straight from the door, for buying essential provisions at the village shop, for eating at the village pubs and for venturing further afield to Buxton etc. We had a wonderfully relaxing week, we will definitely return.”
- “The cottage was beautifully decorated and spotless. It was cosy but still had plenty of space and was a pleasure to stay in. It was the perfect place to stay. The village had everything you need and had beautiful views. Would definitely stay again.”
- “Small but perfectly formed! Very comfy and cosy cottage with masses to do in the area.”
- “A lovely property in a lovely area and was a good base to explore the surrounding areas without having to travel too far.”
- “This was a comfortable, beautifully newly renovated cottage which was very relaxing to stay in. Longnor was quiet, and in lovely countryside.”
- “This cottage is a fantastic little bolt-hole in a lovely village. It has only recently been fitted out and has been very tastefully done. The wood burner in the lounge is a luxury and for my purposes it was very handy to have internet access.”
About the location
Buxton 6 miles; Bakewell 9 miles.
The charming Peak District village of Longnor is situated in beautiful countryside on the Staffordshire Moorlands/Derbyshire border, with the River Dove to the east and the River Manifold to the west, making an excellent touring centre. The village boasts two pubs, a shop, a Post Office, café tea room, fish and chip shop, great craft centre and a beautiful church. The historic market square is cobbled and a scale of market charges is still posted on a board outside the market hall. Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, the Spa town of Buxton with its famous Opera House, the attractive market town of Bakewell and Alton Towers theme park are all within easy reach.