- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Crich 3 miles. A lovely, spacious ground floor holiday home, set in the heart of the lovely Derbyshire countryside, 3 miles from the tramway village of Crich.
Beautifully presented to provide cosy and comfortable accommodation, this Crich cottage is the perfect escape for a romantic retreat in this beautiful part of the country.
You will find a large open plan bedroom with sitting area, which offers a romantic haven to plan the next day&
There is a separate kitchen, and a sitting room with a dining area, with a shower room completing the accommodation at this Crich cottage.
Outside this cottage near Crich is a lovely little patio with furniture.
The fully-refurbished local pub is a short walk away and offers a warm welcome and superb bar meals.
An excellent base for walking and exploring the Peak District, close by are the Arkwright Mills, market towns of Bakewell and Matlock (5 miles away) and not forgetting the imposing Chatsworth House and delightful Haddon Hall.
With so much to do all around this Crich cottage, you'll wish you stayed longer!
All ground floor. One double bedroom with sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with dining area.
Electric heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, small selection of books and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 5 mins walk. Note: This property is not suitable for children.
- Last minute
- “Delightful, quality at its best”
- “What an absolute delight! I stayed a week but would love to have stayed longer. The owner is lovely, very helpful and on hand night and day. Home made scones, tea and coffee welcomed me, along with flowers in every room. Attention to detail was apparent in every respect. Although this beautiful cottage is attached to the main house, it's layout gives the feel of a totally independent and private setting. Your own parking space is next to the front door. A decked area with furniture is provided to enjoy the sunny weather outdoors. Huge very comfortable bed, several lovely comfortable sofas. For chillier evenings there is a smaller, very snugly warm sitting room with a contemporary flame effect fire. Wonderful for warming up quickly. Everything you could possibly need is provided. All fixtures, fittings, furnishings and equipment are high quality. Two minutes drive or 15 minutes walk away is the White Hart Inn, a truly delightful contemporary, stylish and friendly bar/restaurant with an impressive menu to spend a very enjoyable lunch or evening.”
- “A 5 star gem.”
- “We received a great welcome from owners Sybil and anthony. We have used many excellent cottages throughout the UK and Meadow Suite is now top of the list.The cottage was very clean and comfortable. Although it was a little remote the cottage was easy to find and well within reach of the local attractions and amenities.It was unfortunate that it rained a lot during our visit but that did not prevent us from enjoying our stay. We have already recommended Meadow Suite to some of our friends.”
- “We found Meadow Suite extremely comfortable and situated in a very pretty part of England. We very much enjoyed our stay and would recommend Meadow Suite to any couple intending to tour the Peak District.”
- “The location and the accommodation were superb. It far exceeded our expectations!”
- “A little gem set in a quiet location away from it all, perfect for a relaxing holiday yet not too far from local attractions and beauty spots. Had everything we needed and more. We will definitely recommend to our friends and look forward to another break at Meadow Suite.”
- “We liked the quiet location, excellent standard of the cottage, the helpful owners and the variety and number of places of interest within easy reach. We had a thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable holiday in this scenic spot.”
- “This was the best cottage we have ever stayed in, it was well equipped, very comfortable and of a high standard. The owners were extremely helpful and provided many extras that made the holiday great. We would certainly visit the property again.”
- “Liked the cleanliness, the friendly owners and everything about the cottage.”
- “Probably the nicest cottage we have stayed in and certainly the most welcoming. Everything was spick and span with well considered facilities and rooms. The local pub nearby served very good meals. Very highly recommended.”
- “Very friendly and helpful hosts. Peaceful and very comfortable cottage in a quiet environment.”
- “Peaceful place, friendly owner and very helpful if needed. Great location for visiting Matlock and Bakewell, would definitely return.”
- “We had a wonderful holiday and the cottage has been the best we have had with Sykes over the years. Had everything we needed and more, a lovely cottage thoughout. We would certainly return again.”
- “Set in a secluded area of the Peak District. Beautiful little gem. More spacious inside than it appeared outside and so clean and welcoming hosts. I can't wait to return again.”
- “The cottage is beautiful and so much bigger inside than it looks from the outside, and absolutely spotless. Everything we needed was in the cottage. There were leaflets and lots of information about local supermarkets which we found really useful. The owners were really lovely and available for any help needed, we particularly enjoyed the scones and clotted cream and jam on arrival!! A really beautiful area and great base to explore the Peak District, didn't want to come home.”
About the location
Matlock 7 miles.
The village of Crich (known as Cardale in the hit TV series Peak Practice) is full of character and history, and boasts a number of shops and several pubs. There are walks around the village, and trams (the village is home to the National Tramway Museum) move up the valley to some of the most beautiful views of the Derbyshire Dales. Matlock, 7 miles away, offers a range of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as attractions such as Gulliver’s Kingdom. Magnificent views down the gorge can be enjoyed from the cable car that takes visitors up to the Heights of Abraham - a great place for all the family with its show-caves, nature trail, water gardens and Owl Maze. South of the town is the start of the High Peak Cycle Trail, while to the north are the market town of Bakewell, Chatsworth House and Park and Haddon Hall, with Carsington Water offering fantastic watersports - not to be missed! Ideal at any time of year!