- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A lovely detached Peak District cottage set in the small rural hamlet of Upper Mayfield, within walking distance of the village of Mayfield, just two miles from the market town of Ashbourne in the Peak District National Park.
This Peak District cottage has been refurbished to provide a holiday home full of character and charm, including low cottage windows, beams and a warming open fire.
The delightful sitting room, well-equipped kitchen, elegant dining room and three welcoming bedrooms make this Peak District cottage perfect for relaxing in after a day spent exploring the Derbyshire countryside.
Outside, this Peak District cottage has a lovely mature south-facing garden, with magnificent views across rolling countryside.
Alton Towers is only nine miles away and Ashbourne is well worth visiting, plus the hills, valleys and trails of the Peak District are all within easy reach.
This Peak District cottage is a superb base for walkers, families or friends at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x family room with triple bunks (double below, single above). Bathroom with spa bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor WC and basin. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine in utility, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large enclosed lawned garden and patio with furniture and unfenced pond
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 miles.
- “Beautiful cottage in beautiful surroundings clean home and lots to do in surrounding areas , the children didn't want to leave.”
- “The cottage was very clean, spacious, well-appointed and well situated. Our family of 5 was very comfortable there.”
- “Excellent accommodation and facilities.”
About the location
Ashbourne 2 miles.
The small village of Mayfield peacefully lies at the southern end of the Peak District National Park, set amidst stunning scenery and offering great walking and cycling opportunities. The nearby market town of Ashbourne with its eccentric street plan, narrow cobbled alleys and quaint coaching inns is something of a haven for antique hunters, offering many great antique stores, as well as a variety of good pubs and restaurants. With the Dove and Manifold Valleys also close by and both Carsington Water and Alton Towers within a 20 minute drive, this great location offers relaxation and enjoyment all year round.