- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Nether Kirkton Farm Cottages
Blairgowrie 5 miles. Sitting along a short farm track between Perth and Blairgowrie, these two superb Blairgowrie cottages are located on a family run farm in peaceful surroundings, where you can enjoy the antics of the ducks and pygmy goats, or walk or cycle through the stunning Perthshire scenery. These delightful Blairgowrie cottages have been lovingly furnished to a very high standard and provide spacious, contemporary accommodation. Positioned around a central courtyard, each of these Blairgowrie farm cottages has outdoor seating at the front and at the rear so you can enjoy the open countryside while you sip your drinks and plan your day. Sleeping up to twelve people in both ground floor and first floor accommodation, and with ramped access, these Perthshire cottages offer plenty of options for different party sizes. Why not enjoy time walking or cycling through the beautiful Perthshire countryside or fish in the nearby River Tay? Golfers can enjoy the many courses around Perthshire including Gleneagles and Rosemount. Visit one of the world famous distilleries and discover how whisky is made or simply explore the beautiful surrounding hills and lochs that Perthshire has to offer. Fancy a break from cooking? These delightful Perthshire cottages offer the option of a full catering service preparing dinner in your kitchen or pre-cooked meals for you to warm up at your leisure. These Blairgowrie cottages are located five miles from the popular town of Blairgowrie with its many shops and amenities. These delightful Perthshire cottages offer something for everyone throughout the year.
This beautifully presented mid-terrace Blairgowrie cottage has a spacious ground floor open plan living area with French doors opening to a seating area with open views over the surrounding farmland. With one double bedroom on the ground floor and two further en-suite rooms on the first floor, this Perthshire cottage offers superb, quality, flexible accommodation. Note: This property is next to Ref. 28088, together they sleep 12.
Three bedrooms (zip/link, can be twin or super king-size double on request): 1 x super king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor super king-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Patio garden with furniture and BBQ
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: Due to the property being on a farm, dogs to be kept on a lead when outside
- Note: The catering service is provided by an outside caterer, please contact the owner before your arrival for more information
- Note: There is ramped access to the property, please contact the owner for more information.
- Last minute
- “Highly Recommended *****”
- “We have just completed a week's stay in Muir Iosal cottage, 4 miles outside Blairgowrie and Rattray and cannot recommend this cottage enough. Spotlessly clean, spacious and very comfortable and well-stocked with every item you could possibly need on a self-catering holiday, also a compendium of games and playing cards and bookshelves full of reading for all ages. There are three, good-sized, double bedrooms here, all en-suite (great showers, downstairs bath) and televisions in each room. The largest is easily a family-room with an extra bed in it. Before you arrive for your holiday, Ailene will contact you to ask how you want the rooms made-up, either as doubles or twins. As doubles, the beds are large king-size and very comfortable indeed. You will also find fresh milk (your choice) and eggs upon arrival and a welcome hamper of treats is also generously provided. There is a basket full of brochures and suggestions for places to visit in Perthshire and beyond, as well as maps to help plan your itinerary. There is also a gas BBQ and large table for outdoor eating in spacious, enclosed area outside the front door. Swings for children of all ages, too. Four of us (and two dogs) stayed here, although we were originally meant to be a party of six. We were very comfortable and happy at Muir Iosal and would certainly return to stay here. Recommend a visit to the lovely, little towns of Pitlochry and Dunkeld (both within 30 mins drive), scenic walks at The Hermitage (within 15 mins), a visit to The Famous Grouse distillery and Crieff town (within 45 mins) and shopping at the House of Bruar, (within 60 mins, northwards up the A9.)”
- “A cosy, quiet and luxurious retreat!”
- “We (3 adults, 3 kids + 3 dogs) booked Lon Cottage (one of the three cottages that makes the Muir Iosal courtyard) for my sisters 40th birthday. We chose it over others as the accommodation was based over 3 rooms instead of a lot of others that were only 2. Also it has hard flooring which we always look for when travelling with the dogs so that we don't have to worry about muddy paws! Despite having excellent directions to get to the cottage we still managed to get a bit lost in the country lanes but our host Ailene was more than helpful and we eventually found our way! (HINT: if you're arriving in the dark look for the Scottish Tourist Board sign, as that shows up better than the Nether Kirkton one) Ailene came to greet us and show us around - the cottage was lit and the heating was blaring which was a wonderfully warm welcome, and then we found a luxurious welcome hamper and bottle of wine on the table, and even better - freshly laid eggs in the fridge! The cottage is absolutely HUGE - much more spacious than it looks on the photos, and everything was spotlessly clean and comfortably furnished. There was nothing we wanted for during our stay - even things like spare light bulbs were in a drawer. We didn't want for anything whilst we were there - the beds were comfortable, the showers were hot and powerful and everything was well equipped. Blairgowrie is close enough to provide pub meals and cafes, whilst the cottage is rural enough to provide ample walking opportunities on your doorstep or close by (we walked in Bogles Field mostly on the way into Blairgowrie - very popular with dog walkers). The highlight of our stay was going to Action Glen at Crieff Hydro too, which is not far from this cottage and offers a wealth of things to do for all the family!”
- “There are not enough superlatives to describe this cottage adequately.”
- “From the moment we arrived, until the time of our departure, we were delighted with the property. We were welcomed by the owner, who gave us a quick tour and explained all we needed to know. The welcome pack was a thoughtful touch and much appreciated. The cottage is well appointed, roomy and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Blairgowrie and Dunkeld are easily reached as is the A9 for travelling further afield.”
- “Very spacious and well-appointed accommodation in a picturesque location.”
- “Liked the excellent standard of the cottage and the very peaceful location.”
- “This is the best place we have stayed, there was plenty of room for the dogs, we had a very nice welcome and anything you needed would be there. The cottage had everything you would need and more.”
- “Fantastic and the owner couldn't do enough for us.”
- “We could not have asked for anything better and to be greeted by the owner on arrival was ideal... A shame the week had to end, we definitely plan to visit again.”
- “We thought that this holiday cottage was excellent. It doesn't happen very often that you book somewhere and it actually turns out to be better than it looked on the website! It is in a great location as it was very peaceful with lovely views and there are also lots of interesting places to visit nearby. We have two young children so this property was brilliant for us because there is plenty of space inside and outside there was a swing and slide which our little boy loved! The owners of the property were so welcoming and friendly. They left us a hamper which was really thoughtful and we would definitely stay here again.”
- “This was by far the best cottage, out of many, we have ever rented for a holiday anywhere in the UK. Everything possible was available. The bedrooms are immense as are the beds; we had them made up as doubles (super king size) but they can be twins in either room, so very comfortable. The cottage was very warm and comfortable all round. The location was perfect for touring north into the Highlands and south to Edinburgh and Glasgow. We will definitely try to re-visit this cottage again sometime; very highly recommended.”
About the location
Perth 16 miles; Dundee 19 miles.
The red stone town of Blairgowrie is situated on the banks of the River Ericht, where it emerges from spectacular gorges in Strathmore. With good shops and great restaurants, it makes an excellent base for exploring Perthshire, the beautiful Angus Glens and is a gateway to the Highlands. Surrounded by rolling fields - famed for their raspberries - the town is overlooked by hills and mountains, and is home to Scotland's largest skiing centre at Glenshee. It's the perfect terrain for riding, cycling and walking, whilst golfers are well-catered for with several excellent courses (including Rosemount) locally and St Andrews and Gleneagles also within easy reach. Marvel at the world's tallest hedge at Meikleour (600m long and 30m high), see Meigle's collection of Pictish sculpted stones, or listen to stirring tales at Glamis Castle, the setting for Macbeth and said to be Scotland's most haunted castle! The small town of Dunkeld is also worth a visit with its historic cathedral, riverside walks, Big Trees, such as the Birnam Oak and parent Larches of Dunkeld, and the Hermitage, which offers impressive waterfalls. Blairgowrie is also close to the Loch of the Lowes which is home to breeding ospreys.