- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
A cosy, comfortable bothy in the grounds of a non-working farm near Kinross surrounded by beautiful southern Perthshire.
Nestling in a quiet corner of shared gardens, this Perthshire cottage is an ideal romantic retreat among some of the most beautiful scenery Scotland has to offer.This Perthshire cottage boasts a double bedroom with a king-size bed, and an open plan living area with a kitchen/dining area and a comfortable sitting area with a woodburner providing warmth and comfort.
To the outside of this Perthshire cottage is shared use of the owner's gardens where you can sit and relax after a busy day's sightseeing.
A perfect touring base for discovering the delights of rural Perth, Fife and central Scotland or for snuggling down with a good book after a long country walk, a round of golf, fishing, or horse riding.
Cyclists can hire bikes at nearby Loch Leven or else use the bike storage available at this Perthshire cottage.
With the Fife Coastal Route to St Andrews, Falkland Palace nearby and Edinburgh and its famous festival only a short drive or train trip away, there is truly something for everyone here.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with bath with shower attachment, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric heating with woodburner in sitting room and underfloor heating in bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Shared lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a short walk to the property from the parking area
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead when outside the cottage
- Note: Use of a car is necessary when staying at this cottage as the nearest bus stop is two miles away
About the location
Kinross 5 miles; Stirling 19 miles; Edinburgh 25 miles; St Andrews 30 miles.
The name 'Fossoway' is thought to originate from the Gaelic fasach-fheidh" meaning "The Desert of the Deer" and legend has it that a coven of witches used to meet in the church yard in the 17th century and 11 were burned at the stake in the village of Crook of Devon. Nearby is Loch Leven with its dramatic setting with the town of Kinross set on its shores. It is the largest loch in lowland Scotland and one of the most important sites for waterfowl in Britain with a popular RSPB centre. Famous as the place Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned, the loch is also renowned for Loch Leven’s Larder, a restaurant and delicatessen rich in local produce. The 8 mile path around Loch Leven can be walked in its entirety or in sections, stopping off at Loch Leven’s Larder. Golfers are well catered with a number of local courses and those found at Gleneagles and St Andrews.
- Last minute