- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Falkland 0.75 miles. Nestled under Falkland Hill, this delightful terraced cottage is superbly located in the hamlet of Newton of Falkland, close to the town of Falkland, in the heart of rural Fife in Scotland. Well appointed throughout and providing stunning views of the Lomond Hills and Fife countryside, this Falkland cottage is ideal for families and friends looking to enjoy a tranquil break in Scotland, amidst gentle scenery and beautiful villages. Full of charm, this Falkland cottage boasts three lower ground floor bedrooms, a king-size, double and twin, a well-equipped kitchen and a sitting room with warming woodburning stove, which opens out to the conservatory. Outside your Fife holiday cottage is a lovely decked area with furniture, which looks out over the Fife countryside towards Falkland, an ideal spot for relaxing on a sunny day. Just beyond this cottage in Fife are the attractive Falkland and Freuchie, the former being home to the impressive Falkland Palace, with its pretty gardens and original tennis court, along with fantastic walking and cycling around Falkland Estate. A choice of fishing can be enjoyed from your Fife holiday home, either in the local fish farm or sea angling 15 miles away on the coast, and with St Andrews only 19 miles away the golfer is well catered for too. A charming Falkland cottage, ideal for discovering this beautiful part of Scotland throughout the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x lower ground floor king-size double, 1 x lower ground floor double, 1 x lower ground floor twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove and doors to conservatory. Snug (seats 2).
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Starter pack for woodburning stove available start of Sept
- to end of March only, during other months fuel for stove can be purchased locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Rear enclosed decked area with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Licensed inn serving food 1 min walk
- Shops and a further selection of pubs and restaurants 10 mins walk
- Note: There are eleven steps from the ground floor level to the lower ground floor level.
- “amazing holiday”
- “We really enjoied it sooo much”
- “We had a lovely break in this well equipped cosy cottage. It is very dog friendly which is good for us.”
- “A beautiful, comfortable cottage that felt very much like home in a fantastic area. The views are amazing and we spent many hours sitting outside admiring them. Lovely walk into Falkland which has good café's and shops. We will definitely return for another holiday.”
- “A lovely cottage in a beautiful location, the views were outstanding, would love to stay here!”
- “We took an instant liking to Brook Cottage after the very first minute of arriving. The cottage was easy to find with ample parking space. Brook Cottage was spotless. It is a very roomy, comfortable and cosy cottage. The kitchen is very well equipped.”
- “Location was great, the views are fantastic and there was lots of space for the 5 of us. The kids loved the twin room. Good space for parking and really helpful communication from the owners. A lovely house overall, we would definitely recommend. Conservatory was lovely too. A good place to stay for driving around Fife.”
- “This was a property that ticked all the boxes. It was well appointed and comfortable, and in a quiet location with plenty of places to walk the dog. Ideally located for exploring the Kingdom of Fife and beyond. Close to the beautiful Falkland village with its castle and well kept old village properties. There were loads of places to eat and farm shops selling a vast array of local produce.”
- “"The cottage was very homely and well presented. It was well equipped with everything you would need and very relaxing. Ideally situated to visit the surrounding areas.”
- “The views, very peaceful and great bus service and plenty of places to eat and drink within easy reach of Edinburgh,Dundee, Perth and St Andrews. Having a conservatory is a bonus as well as having its own gated driveway.”
- “A great cottage and fantastic scenery. Liked the two levels of the cottage. Everything that you needed was on hand and up to a good standard. Would happily visit this cottage again”
- “Brook cottage was like home from home. The view from the conservatory was breathtaking, the setting was lovely, pubs serving good food, and local shop within walking distances, everywhere was very friendly, and there were lots of places to visit within half an hour or so.”
- “The cottage was absolutely lovely, really comfortable. It was well equipped with lovely views over the countryside. We all had a really relaxing enjoyable holiday and would definitely go back next year.”
- “A lovely cottage in a beautiful area of Fife. Easy access to motorways to Perth, Edinburgh and Dunfermline. Cottage was very clean and tidy and had lovely views. All in all, we had a fabulous time and will definitely book again the next time we visit Scotland.”
About the location
Perth 18 miles; St. Andrews 19 miles; Dundee 21 miles.
Falkland is a town and former royal burgh in Fife. The town sits at the foot of the Lomond Hills in beautiful rolling farmland. It is believed that Falkland was inhabited prior to the 12th century, however the village became more prominent following the building of Falkland Castle after 1160. The castle now sits within the grounds of Falkland Palace, the former royal palace of King James IV of Scotland in 1501, and now in the care of the National Trust for Scotland. Within the palace is the original real tennis court, built in 1539, which is the world’s oldest tennis court still in use. Nearby is the Lomond Hills Regional Park, offering walking with rewarding views, while the Fife coast, with its collection of attractive fishing villages such as Anstruther and Crail, is a must-see. St. Andrews is only a short drive away and with the rugged scenery of the Angus Glens and the cities of Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee all within easy reach, this great location has plenty to offer.