- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightfully presented traditional detached cottage in the small village of Lilliesleaf, near Ancrum in the heart of the beautiful Scottish Borders countryside.
Fully-renovated but still retaining many original features, this Lilliesleaf cottage is ideal for couples or families looking for a stylish base to explore this stunning part of the country or to unwind in the tranquil surroundings.
Stylishly decorated throughout, this Lilliesleaf self-catering cottage has two bedrooms.
The double has a south-facing aspect overlooking the front of the cottage and open countryside, towards the Cheviot Hills in the distance, while the twin room overlooks the rear garden and has an elevated view of the village and hills beyond.
The living accommodation exudes style with a well-equipped fitted kitchen with a dining area leading into a sitting room with a cosy woodburner.
Outside this Lilliesleaf self-catering cottage is a spacious rear garden with furniture and a barbecue and is the perfect place to relax with a drink and enjoy the scenery.
The small, attractive village of Lilliesleaf boasts a pub, a gallery cafe and a golf course.
The nearby village of Ancrum is home to a village pub, shop and Post Office.
With access to great scenery for walking, cycling and fishing, as well as the historic abbeys of Dryburgh, Melrose and Jedburgh, this Scottish Borders cottage is the ideal retreat.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Central heating powered by air source heat pump with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Front courtyard with furniture
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 6 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Although this property is set all on the ground floor, there are three steps down to the utility room and twin bedroom and is therefore not suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility.
- Last minute
About the location
Melrose 7 miles; Hawick 7 miles; Selkirk 7 miles; Jedburgh 11 miles.
The small village of Lilliesleaf sits in Roxburghshire in the Scottish Borders. The village has had a church since the 11th century and there have been Bronze Age settlements discovered alongside. Today, Lilliesleaf boasts two village pubs and a gallery café with the nearby towns of Galashiels, Hawick, Melrose, Selkirk, Jedburgh and Kelso providing the shops. Ideally located for touring these famous Scottish Border towns, the village is also a superb base for exploring both Edinburgh and the Northumberland National Park which are about an hour’s drive away.