- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Craven Arms 3 miles.
This semi-detached cottage makes up part of a charming 17th century, Grade II listed manor house, which stands in a 27-acre grazing farm near to Craven Arms in beautiful South Shropshire.
This cottage provides well equipped accommodation with a homely feel throughout, with the added bonus of a second floor self-contained suite giving flexibility with the sleeping arrangements.
The main part of the cottage contains three lovely bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities, and a family bathroom.
The living accommodation in this main section comprises a warming kitchen with an AGA and a dining table plus a comfy sitting room with a delightful woodburner, perfect for those chillier evenings.
Standing in lovely grounds with countryside views, the cottage has a private garden with outdoor furniture, which is ideal for relaxing in with a glass of something refreshing on those balmy summer days.
From here, you can explore the lovely towns of Ludlow, Church Stretton and Shrewsbury and the wonderful scenic walks amidst the Long Mynd and Stiperstone Hills.
Enjoy the nearby attractions of Acton Scott Historic Working Farm (as seen on TV), Stokesay Castle, the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre and the Ironbridge World Heritage Site.
After a day spent exploring this fascinating part of the country, you can return to this welcoming cottage and simply relax in charming surroundings.
Main house. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
Second floor suite. One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link can be twin on request) with en-suite bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- AGA with oven and hob (available October to April inclusive), electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- Kitchen on second floor with microwave, fridge/freezer
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVDs, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent (extra wood available from owner)
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed front garden with lawn, gravel seating area, garden furniture, BBQ and countryside views over the Clun Valley
- One well-behaved dog welcome, downstairs only
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles
- Pub and restaurant 1 mile
- Note: River fishing available at £15 per day or £10 per morning, afternoon or evening
- Full licence required, please contact the owner for further information.
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Ludlow 8 miles.
The small market town of Craven Arms, known as The Gateway to the Marches is conveniently located between the beautiful medieval town of Ludlow and delightful Church Stretton. Craven Arms is an ideal base, which nestles close to the scenic Wenlock Edge and Corvedale Valley with fine walks from the town to lovely Stokesay Castle, one of England's finest fortified manors, or the very popular Shropshire Hill Discovery Centre. The town also has some charming and historic houses, including a round house, thought to be a recognisable rest house for pilgrims travelling between Wigmore and Shrewsbury Abbeys and the fascinating 'Museum of Lost Content'. Just two miles away in the village of Wistanstow is the Plough Inn, a good local wood brewery. Church Stretton is close by and nestles between the Long Mynd and Caradoc Hills, renowned for their scenic walks and excellent golf course. The historic towns of Bishop's Castle, Ludlow and Shrewsbury are a short drive away, and offer magnificent castles, riverside walks, wonderful shops, pubs, restaurants, exciting theatres and a variety of festivals. This is a perfect base for touring all of beautiful Shropshire at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute