- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Church Stretton 3.5 miles.
This traditional brick-built cottage is attached to the owners' home, in the hamlet of Felhampton, just 3.5 miles from the pretty town of Church Stretton.
This Church Stretton cottage offers many walks and cycle routes from the doorstep and is a great base for exploring the beautiful Shropshire countryside.
This Church Stretton cottage also has a cosy sitting room, a fitted kitchen with dining area and a ground floor shower room.
Upstairs there is a comfortable double bedroom with its own cloakroom and a large dressing room with lovely views of the area.
Outside this Shropshire holiday home is a private enclosed patio area with its own BBQ.
Felhampton offers guests a local pub serving food, and also an Italian restaurant, while just a short drive away is the popular village of Church Stretton which has many pubs, tea rooms and excellent antiques centres.
Explore the castles and riverside walks in Ludlow and Shrewsbury, the World Heritage Site at Ironbridge with its many museums, the wonderful Long Mynd Hills and many National Trust properties.
This Church Stretton cottage is an ideal romantic base at any time of year.
One double bedroom with dressing room, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
Gas central heating. Electric oven with 2 ring hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc in rent. Bed linen and towels inc in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Bike storage. Enclosed front patio area with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 1 mile, pub with restaurant 5 mins walk. Note: This property is set close to the A49; therefore some associated noise can be heard.
- Last minute
- “Great holiday”
- “I had a really great time in Shropshire. The cottage was lovely and comfortable, with a great kitchen. The owner was very friendly. I had never been to Shropshire before, but I picked the one great week at the beginning of September when the weather was lovely. There was no rain at all! There are so many things to see and do in the county and it is in spitting distance of Wales as well. I would definitely recommend the cottage and area to anyone else. Although it was close to a busy main road, I did not find that the noise affected me at all, as the bedroom was at the back of the property. It was also nice to have a toilet upstairs, as well as the shower and toilet downstairs. The scenery in the area was absolutely fabulous.”
- “The accommodation is beautiful, secluded, and a brilliant location to visit local attractions.”
- “Very comfortable and relaxing place to be.”
- “A very comfortable and clean Cottage. Everything provided for our needs and we were welcomed very warmly by the owner on arrival. The area was within easy access of many places of interest. There were plenty of good walking areas close to the cottage.”
- “We were pleased with the cottage and liked the area, plenty to see and do. We were made to feel very welcome on arrival by the owner.”
- “Spacious cottage for two people. Nicely fitted out, well decorated and maintained. Spotlessly clean. Great location for exploring Shropshire hills.”
- “A very pleasant and interesting part of the country. The cottage is well situated for both walking and visiting local towns and historical places. The amenities paragraph says there is a pub in 5 mins walk- 5 mins for 1 third of a mile ! Having said that it was a very pleasant roadhouse type pub with good food, there is also an Italian restaurant across the road. The cottage was end on to the A49 so the traffic noise was minimal.”
About the location
Ludlow 15 miles; Shrewsbury 15 miles.
The pretty market town of Church Stretton lies in the heart of south Shropshire. It is set amid striking scenery and has often been described as "Little Switzerland". The town is the main centre for Shropshire's hill country and home to a variety of tearooms, pubs and specialist shops. Other local attractions include walks on the Long Mynd, the Acton Scott Working Farm and Stokesay Castle. The historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are only a short journey away.