- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Craven Arms 1.4 miles. This brick-built Craven Arms cottage adjoins the owner's Grade II listed home, within walking distance of the small market town, just 7 miles from Church Stretton.
This single-storey cottage offers modern, well-equipped accommodation with a hot tub, perfect for a romantic break and for those that wish to explore this beautiful county.
Craven Arms has shops, a hotel with bar and restaurant, takeaways, cafes, as well as the lovely Stokesay Castle and the exciting Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre with its virtual balloon ride over Shropshire.
There are many good walks from this cottage with Wenlock Edge and Corvedale Valley close by, along with the lovely hills around Church Stretton, known as Little Switzerland.
An excellent cottage for discovering all of Shropshire.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with gas coal-effect fire and French doors to front patio.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Range cooker with gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lockable bike storage
- Private front patio with furniture and hot tub plus shared use of the owner's lawned garden
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 1 mile, pub/restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: There are 9 steps down to front door from the car parking area
- Note: This property is close to the A49 and as such may experience some road noise
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: Due to cleaning, the hot tub will not be available on day of arrival.
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Ludlow 8 miles.
The small market town of Craven Arms, known as The Gateway to the Marches is conveniently located between the beautiful medieval town of Ludlow and delightful Church Stretton. Craven Arms is an ideal base, which nestles close to the scenic Wenlock Edge and Corvedale Valley with fine walks from the town to lovely Stokesay Castle, one of England's finest fortified manors, or the very popular Shropshire Hill Discovery Centre. The town also has some charming and historic houses, including a round house, thought to be a recognisable rest house for pilgrims travelling between Wigmore and Shrewsbury Abbeys and the fascinating 'Museum of Lost Content'. Just two miles away in the village of Wistanstow is the Plough Inn, a good local wood brewery. Church Stretton is close by and nestles between the Long Mynd and Caradoc Hills, renowned for their scenic walks and excellent golf course. The historic towns of Bishop's Castle, Ludlow and Shrewsbury are a short drive away, and offer magnificent castles, riverside walks, wonderful shops, pubs, restaurants, exciting theatres and a variety of festivals. This is a perfect base for touring all of beautiful Shropshire at any time of the year.