- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Wentnor 1.2 miles.
This modern first floor apartment is situated on a 15 acre livestock smallholding at the foot of the beautiful Long Mynd Hill range in South Shropshire.
This Shropshire holiday home is one of two properties standing in this peaceful location, near to the village of Wentnor and only 6 miles from delightful Church Stretton, and makes an ideal base for couples or families looking to explore this beautiful area.
Attractively furnished in a contemporary style, this Wentnor self-catering apartment provides light and airy open plan accommodation with lovely hill views from many rooms.
There are two double bedrooms and a single, and the sitting area boasts a Juliet balcony.
Guests can also take advantage of the patio outside this Shropshire holiday home, which enjoys views of the Long Mynd Hills and surrounding countryside, an ideal spot for relaxing while enjoying drinks or an evening meal.
Close by is the Adstone Walk on the Shropshire Way, which is a walker's paradise, while the famous Stiperstones and Wenlock Edge are also nearby.
The amenities of Church Stretton, known as Little Switzerland, medieval Ludlow and Bishop's Castle are within easy reach of your Shropshire self-catering apartment, as are numerous attractions including the Ironbridge World Heritage Site with its famous museums, Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, Stokesay Castle and many National Trust properties and gardens.
There are also gliding and hang-gliding facilities available nearby.
A lovely Shropshire holiday apartment, in a superb countryside location.
All first floor (accessed by a 13-step internal staircase). Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with basin and WC), 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with Juliet balcony. Ground floor utility room.
- Electric underfloor central heating
- Electric oven with induction hob, combination microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Covered off road parking for 2 cars, additional roadside parking available
- Covered bike storage
- Two dog kennels
- Front patio with furniture, BBQ and hill views
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1.2 miles up steep hill
- “Best place ever stayed”
- “The design, layout and quality of this barn conversion is top notch. Location on the western slopes of the Mynd make it ideal as a base for walking and two pubs in rhea rest village serve good food. The owners have thought of everything and are friendly and helpful. Everything is immaculate - I did not want to go out each day, it was so comfortable.”
- “This apartment is in a wonderful location with lovely far reaching views. The owners were friendly and welcoming. Everything has been well thought out and generously appointed. There is plenty to do in the area without having to drive a long way and good walks in the hills.”
- “Stunning location, super accommodation and hospitable hosts.”
- “The place is fantastic. We loved it the moment we arrived and we definitely want to go again as soon as we can. The best part of the holiday was actually being able to enjoy the fantastic views from the cottage. The house is stunning, warm and cosy. The kids loved looking after the ginger cat who spent hours playing with them outside in the yard. They also loved the apartment and so did we, it felt like home.”
- “A very comfortable accommodation with welcoming owners. The Granary is in a fantastic location and it was a treat to be able to walk up Long Mynd from it. We had a lovely evening walk and saw a great sunset.”
- “We had a good break in this lovely apartment. We loved the locality and the owners were friendly and helpful. Particularly enjoyed our welcome pack of wine, milk and eggs.”
- “The cottage was warm, spacious and very well-equipped. The owners were friendly and helpful. The location for exploring the Shropshire countryside around the Long Mynd was perfect. For a truly away from it all experience, it was lovely.”
- “We had a perfect stay at The Granary and we would not hesitate to return. The surrounding countryside is fantastic and the place is well situated.”
- “The accommodation was outstanding and the owners were very hospitable. The area was amazing.”
- “The accommodation was excellent, very clean and modern. Good base for travelling to Ludlow, Church Stretton and surrounding areas. Beautiful area and good walks from the doorstep. Good food at the local pub. We all really enjoyed our stay and dog friendly too. Great views.”
About the location
Church Stretton 6 miles; Bishops Castle 6 miles.
This quiet village stands at the foot of the Long Mynd Hills directly between the delightful towns of Church Stretton and Bishops Castle in the heart of south Shropshire. Church Stretton is set amid striking scenery and is the main centre for Shropshire's hill country and home to a variety of tea rooms, pubs and specialist shops. Other local attractions include superb walking on the Long Mynd, the Acton Scott Working Farm, the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre and magnificent Stokesay Castle. The historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle all provide wonderful architecture and a variety of attractions are only a short journey away.