“perfection great place for dog lovers”My pet staffi loved this holiday barn perfect quiet relaxing whether on your own or with friends my dog loved the dunes kenfig pool just across the road beaches close by helen perfect host left fresh eggs welsh cakes very welcoming would recommend the barn fantastic xx
- Off road parking
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
This welcoming, detached, stone barn conversion is situated next to the owners' home, on the edge of the village of Ton Kenfig, 3.5 miles from the seaside town of Porthcawl.
This Porthcawl cottage offers character accommodation with exposed beams, a Belfast sink and a metal spiral staircase, making it an ideal retreat for a couple or small family.
There is a cosy open-plan living area at this cottage near Porthcawl, along with a mezzanine seating area, which is accessed via the spiral staircase, where you can relax with a cup of coffee or maybe something stronger and enjoy the superb views as far as the coast on clear days.
Completing the accommodation at this South Wales cottage is a comfortable double bedroom and a ground floor bathroom.
Superb walks can be enjoyed on the dunes, which are situated just across the road from this Porthcawl holiday home, plus there is a golf course, the National Nature Reserve and a pub very close by.
A short drive away you will find the wonderful coastline, plus further afield is the stunning Gower, along with Swansea, Bridgend and Cardiff.
A terrific base, at any time of year.
One double bedroom accessed via a short flight of wooden stairs. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open-plan living area with small kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 2) with double sofa bed. Mezzanine sitting area (seats 2) with Juliet balcony.
- Gas central heating
- Electric table top oven with 2 ring hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile
- Pub serving food 4 mins walk
- Note: Property accessed via 4 stone steps
- Note: The bed is accessed from one side only
- Note: There are low beams on the mezzanine sitting area
- Note: Maximum 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 small children
- Note: The property is next to a B road, so some traffic noise may be experienced
- Note: Due to the owner keeping dogs, cats, chickens and ducks, please ensure dogs are kept on a lead at all times
- Note: There is a caravan park 1 min walk from the property.
About the location
Porthcawl 3.5 miles; Bridgend 8 miles.
The wonderful scattered village of Ton Kenfig boasts a great pub, which serves food and unusually, houses the 'Town Hall' on the first floor, plus there are excellent walks and cycling routes, a popular golf course and the fantastic National Nature Reserve. The nature reserve within the dunes at Kenfig is located at the site of an ancient town and castle, which was covered by sand in the 16th century and now only the castle tower remains above ground, plus wildlife and flowers can be seen here, and birdwatching and organised walks and talks can be enjoyed. Nearby the seaside resort of Porthcawl offers a day out on the promenade, an array of shops, eating places, pubs and a funfair. A short drive takes you to the magnificent Gower and Mumbles coastline, or enjoy visits to Swansea, Bridgend and the capital city of Cardiff. A perfect spot for a holiday in this area of South Wales.