- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming cottage is situated next to the owner's cottage and was originally the smithy in the peaceful village of Abergorlech.
Retaining many character features, this Abergorlech cottage oozes charm and character and provides couples with a superb base any time of the year.
On the first floor is a double bedroom with open beams, sloping ceiling and the original loft doors which overlook the sitting room.
This room has a high apex ceiling with original beams and skylight windows giving plenty of natural light, plus there is a warming woodburner, perfect for chillier evenings.
There's also a folding single bed and a double sofa bed for added flexibility.
Step out and walk 10 yards past the owner's home to the outdoor seating area next to the river.
Here you can enjoy a drink while listening to the water as you look across to the wooded entrance to the Abergorlech mountain bike trail.
Walkers and cyclists will adore exploring the beautiful surroundings and there is even a play area for younger ones in the park entrance.
Take a short drive to discover the fascinating villages and towns in this fabulous region including the National Botanical Garden of Wales.
Shopping, afternoon teas, restaurant meals can all be enjoyed in nearby Llandeilo, Llandovery or Carmarthen.
Alternatively you can explore old castles, take a steam train ride or drive a little further to the beautiful west or south coast with a selection of fabulous beaches.
Whatever you are looking for, this charming Abergorlech holiday cottage will be just ideal for a memorable holiday in Wales.
One double bedroom with additional single folding bed. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Additional logs for woodburner available to purchase from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking outside cottage or in Abergorlech Trail car park 50 yards away
- Lawned area with furniture next to open stream 10 yards from cottage
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Sloping ceilings in the bedroom
- Note: Garden is unfenced and bordered by River Gorlech and Forestry Commission land, children and pets to be supervised
- Note: Max 2 guests, sofa bed and folding bed for flexibility only.
About the location
Llandeilo 12 miles; Llandovery 15 miles; Carmarthen 17 miles.
The quaint little village of Abergorlech lies on the River Cothi and is the start of the renowned Abergorlech woodland trail which offers walking and cycling routes in beautiful countryside. Abergorlech has a local pub serving good food all year round and a children’s play area. With open countryside and the woodland all around, Abergorlech is perfect for walkers and cyclists or just to enjoy the scenery. Short drives will bring you to Llandeilo with its unique little shops and to Carmarthen with its larger stores, pubs and restaurants.
- Last minute