- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Newcastle Emlyn 2.5 miles. A superb secluded cottage in Cwm Cou, set in one of the quietest locations you will ever find. The cottage sits within 4 acres of private woodlands and incorporates a cascading boundary stream, all just waiting to be explored. You will not hear a sound other than from the stream and array of wild birds which fly overhead and come to feed within a few yards of the cottage. Beautifully presented by the owners, this cottage near Newcastle Emlyn is furnished and equipped to a very high standard throughout and is absolutely perfect for a relaxing peaceful holiday. The fitted kitchen with breakfast bar is just a few steps up from the charming sitting room with its dining area and multi-fuel stove, and then you have the added bonus of a delightful conservatory to watch the wildlife, including the regular visits from woodpeckers and many other birds. The three bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities, offer great flexibility for parties at this cottage near Newcastle Emlyn. With a large family bathroom and two cloakrooms the facilities are perfect for the larger family holiday. The entirety of your holiday could quite easily be spent within this cottage near Newcastle Emlyn and its' superb woodland grounds, where children will enjoy freedom to explore the stream and maybe make a den or two while the adults relax. With no light pollution to spoil the view, evenings at this Newcastle Emlyn cottage can be spent relaxing with a glass of wine whilst stargazing from the extensive raised decking. Venture from this wonderful Newcastle Emlyn cottage to enjoy the many footpaths and amazing walks in the area, or explore the rugged Welsh coastline, its castles and mills, maybe take a steam railway ride, a visit to Merlin's Centre or take advantage of some shopping time. Whatever you are looking for, this scenic area in Wales has it all and staying in this superb Newcastle Emlyn cottage will make the visit one never to be forgotten.
Three bedrooms: 2 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x double (access from one side of bed only). Bathroom with bath, separate shower and basin. Separate basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Utility with Belfast sink. Sitting room (seats 5) with multi-fuel stove and dining area (seats 6). Conservatory (seats 6).
- Central heating and hot water from oil, multi-fuel stove and electricity through a thermal store system
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen andtowels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Large front raised decked patio with furniture and small sitting area at top of garden
- Large woodland
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles
- Note: Open stream runs alongside the access road and through woodland, children to be supervised
- Note: Although this is a no pet cottage, the owners stay there on occasion with their dog
- Note: Cottage accessed down private single lane track about 0.5 mile long, care to be taken.
- Last minute
- “Penffynonn was hidden away along a country lane and was very peaceful. The garden was great and attracted all kinds of wildlife. It was an ideal location with many attractions within an hours drive.”
- “This is by far the best cottage that we have stayed in. The owner could not have done more to make sure that our stay was perfect in every way.”
- “The shear peace and quiet of the area was amazing, with the added benefit of being able to watch the wildlife at their everyday life. All the little extras that were left for us was a lovely gesture too. My family and I had an amazing time here and will hope to return in the future.”
- “The peace and quiet. Surrounded by trees and wildlife. The only sounds were the birds. The cottage was equipped with everything we could possibly want, especially the kitchen. There was a cupboard with adult games like Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit and several others. We watched woodpeckers, squirrels and a lot of little birds feeding just outside the conservatory.”
- “This is a beautiful property set in the quietest spot you can imagine. I can't recommend it highly enough for people looking for peace, quiet and natural beauty.”
About the location
Llandysul 8 miles; Cardigan 9.5 miles; Lampeter 19 miles.
The bustling market town of Newcastle Emlyn is set on the River Teifi and offers an array of shops, both unique local producers and larger chain stores, such as designer clothes, crafts and jewellery, antiques, tea rooms, pubs, restaurants and a ruined castle, plus fishing permits are available nearby. Surrounding Newcastle Emlyn is beautiful countryside, whilst the rugged Cardiganshire coastline is just six miles away, where you have the opportunity to visit Cardigan Island Farm Park, wonderful sandy beaches, or take a boat trip to spot dolphins and seals at New Quay. Within driving distance is the town of Carmarthen, Dylan Thomas' Boat House in Laugharne, Cenarth Falls, paintballing, Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo, Oakwood Theme Park and train rides at Henllan, along with an array of castles, mills and craft centres. Newcastle Emlyn is an excellent base for exploring this part of Wales.