- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful annexe within the owner’s own home, set in a superb high position to take full advantage of the panoramic mountain views, in the hamlet of Cefn Rhigos. Cosy and welcoming, this delightful Cefn Rhigos holiday cottage is ideal for a romantic break for two or a holiday for the smaller family. With its own entrance, guests can step into the open plan living space where relaxing times will be enjoyed and where they can watch the ever changing view. From bright spring mornings to snowy winter days and everything in between, the views are outstanding through the patio doors or from the secluded patio at the side of this charming Cefn Rhigos holiday cottage. The exquisite bedroom with TV gives the option to find your own quiet space and with its en-suite shower room completing the accommodation, this is a wonderful base. Situated within the South Wales Valleys, with over 250 miles of National Cycle Network, outdoor enthusiasts will be delighted with this choice of holiday cottage! It is within 15 minutes of Afan Forest Park, great for both mountain biking and walking and BikePark Wales in Gethin Woods, Merthyr Tydfil. Also, positioned on the edge of the Brecon Beacons, you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to walks and with the local trails, both walkers and cyclists will be catered for. Golfers can enjoy a round just down the road, countryside lovers will embrace the fine scenery, including the nearby waterfalls, and there is even a local aerodrome where glider flights are on offer. Relax in the cottage, take walks and bike rides or maybe drive through the Beacons to Brecon or take the bus to Swansea for a spot of shopping. The South Wales Coast is not too far away either for a day at the beach. Whatever you want, this delightful Cefn Rhigos holiday cottage fits the bill all year round.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed.
- Gas underfloor central heating
- Halogen hob, combination microwave/oven, fridge/freezer, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lockable bike storage with wash down area
- Patio with furniture and BBQ
- Free use of male and female golf clubs available
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk, pub with restaurant 2 mins walk
- Note: Due to the drop off the edge of the patio, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Guests sleeping on the sofa bed will be sharing the en-suite.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful welcome from the owners. Clean, warm and comfortable. Good central position for exploring the Brecon Beacons and the Gower coast. We had a lovely week relaxing away from the stress of the outside world. Many thanks to the owners.”
- “The hosts have thought about all your needs, were very welcoming and a starter pack was provided. There was also a BBQ and patio table/chairs which was put to good use. Fantastic view over to the hills. Thank you!”
- “The location in a stunning part of Wales”
- “Great cottage with superb views and extremely friendly and helpful owners.”
About the location
Glynneath 2.5 miles; Brecon 18 miles.
A small scattered village just outside Glynneath, Cefn Rhigos is in an elevated position on the edge of the Brecon Beacons and offers some of the most outstanding mountain views in the area. With a pub which serves good wholesome food and easy access to many woodland walks and fantastic trails, this is a superb location for an outdoor type of holiday. Glynneath offers all the facilities required with a selection of pubs, shops and eating places and also golf and fishing. The superb waterfalls are definitely not to be missed, nor is a visit to the Penderyn Distillery for a warming drink. A superb location to discover all Wales has to offer from the highs of the Beacons to the lows of the breathtaking sandy beaches, a wonderful base to discover some of the best this diverse country has to offer.