- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A beautiful terraced cottage in the heart of the coastal village of Ferryside, 9 miles from Carmarthen, full of character, well-equipped and decorated with charm and style.
Wooden and tiled floors, a quiet library/playroom and a stable door in the kitchen combine to create a very warm, welcoming atmosphere, ideal for relaxing.
The lovely sandy beach is just a 2 minute stroll down the road, passing a general store, cafe and pub on the way.
Visit Pembrey Country Park to find another lovely sandy beach, or to try the toboggan run or dry ski slope.
Why not head in the opposite direction for a visit to Carmarthen to hit the shops, pubs, restaurants and lovely tea rooms in this market town?
Also within easy reach of this lovely Ferryside cottage are Merlin's Hill Centre, steeped in mystery, the National Wetland Centre, numerous walks, the Millennium Cycle Trail, Folly Farm and Oakwood Theme Park.
A perfect base for a cottage holiday.
Three bedrooms: 2 x doubles, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with corner bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room. Conservatory with dining area. Library/playroom.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, internet access, stereo/CD player, library of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent (please bring own beach towels)
- Travel cot, folding booster seat & stairgate
- Roadside parking for one car, ample parking in FOC car park 100 yards from cottage
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio & furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 min walk
- Note: Railway line runs approx
- 50 yards from cottage, but noise is minimal & only audible outside.
About the location
Carmarthen 10 miles.
Ferryside is a pretty coastal village with a wonderful sandy beach, a general store, cafe, Post Office and pub. Regular trains stop in the village offering easy travel to Carmarthen, Pembrey or Llanelli and many more attractions further afield. Carmarthen is a busy market town with a variety of shops, tea rooms, restaurants and pubs. A visit to Pembrey Country Park, with its sandy beach, toboggan run and dry ski slope, is a great day out for all the family, as is a day at Merlin's Hill Centre, shrouded in mystery and rich in wildlife. There are castles, craft centres and mills galore, all in easy reach, whilst a visit to Laugharne to see Dylan Thomas' Boat House, or a day out at Oakwood Theme Park or Folly Farm, are a must. With walks from the doorstep and the cycle trail at the Millennium Coastal Path close by, this is as perfect a base for a relaxing or an active holiday as you would wish.
- Last minute