- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Laugharne 1 mile. This delightful cottage has been renovated from a stone stable, attached to a tack room near Laugharne, providing beautifully presented, high quality accommodation throughout. Offering so much space and freedom to do as you please, this cottage near Laugharne, set opposite the owner's home on a working horse riding centre is perfect for families exploring South Wales. This Laugharne cottage can easily sleep six people in two bedrooms, and there is also a family bathroom and a ground floor shower room. The kitchen has a dining area and leads out to a patio overlooking the river, where barbecues can be enjoyed on summer evenings. The cosy sitting room of this cottage near Laugharne boasts a woodburning stove and outside, there is a secure fenced area, half lawn, half grassland and wildflowers. Relax and soak up the quiet surroundings in the private rear garden, listen to the slow-flowing stream, and watch the wonderful wildlife both in the air and on the ground. Horse riding is available on site, and you can even bring your own horse along, at an extra cost! Despite its tranquil setting, a ten minute walk from this South Wales cottage, you will find shops, pubs, and restaurants. Dylan Thomas’ famous boat house and the garage where many of his works were penned, is well worth a visit. The majestic castle looks out over the estuary, and a stroll along the shoreline is a delight at any time of year. The local beaches are dog-friendly, all year round, and there is an exceptional network of footpaths in the area surrounding this cottage near Laugharne, including a two-acre wild garden and woodland, which you are more than welcome to enjoy and explore, across the bridge over the River Coran. Why not venture a little further to enjoy sandy, dog-friendly beaches, historic castles, theme parks, or a steam railway ride? The delights of this superb Laugharne cottage will encourage you to return again and again.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Electric central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, additional fuel can be purchased from owners. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels. Travel cot, highchair and two single folding beds on request. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden with patio and furniture. Secure area for dogs. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Note: Fenced stream next to garden. Note: Cottage next to owner’s riding school; stabling and horse riding available by prior arrangement and at extra cost. Note: Both floors are on split levels with some internal steps. Note: Use of owner’s freezer and first night meal can be provided on request and at a cost, please ask the owner for more details.
- Last minute
- “Perfect escape”
- “Over the summer, friends and I had a dream of spending New Years away from it all. By December, we thought we had left it too late but luckily came across Corran Cottage. Oh how perfect it was. The six of us spent 3 nights here and it was exactly what we were looking for; a complete escape from city life (wi-fi was only available if you stood near the window), a quaint Welsh town, country walks, and lovely hosts. The barn is newly rennovated, the fire burns warm, the stars shine bright. We brought in our own food and wine, and barely left the house. If you're looking for a change of pace, with some very friendly hosts, this is the place for you. We all cant wait to come back. Thanks again.”
- “Great escape!”
- “For the city folk this place is a dream! A total escape from daily reality. The hosts Jackie and Melissa were very accommodating and very friendly. The cottage had everything needed to enjoy a few days away. Well furnished and maintained, and the kitchen had more than expected so lots of cooking was done! Located just on the outside of the village centre, but close enough to see the sights and of course sample the pubs! Great trip - totally recommend and would totally stay again if heading in that direction!”
- “The cottage was very cosy in a very relaxing environment. The village of Laugharne is beautiful. We will definitely look to stay here again!”
- “This is the most comfortable, warm and very pleasant place to stay. If you have dogs it's wonderful, there is a big grassy area for them to play and a smaller secured area too. Children will also love the playing area and of course the horses. The owner is a lovely person, very helpful if you need anything and gives you a very warm welcome on your arrival. This has been the best cottage we have stayed in, close to the village but very quiet and peaceful, with lots of areas to visit without having to drive miles to get there. If you want comfort and quality this is the place for you, we will definitely stay there again.”
- “Perfect, an ideal place to stay for everything you want from a holiday. Had a superb owner, it was like visiting a long lost friend, there if you need anything but not if you just want peace. The farm has great character and heaps of charm, ideal for doggies as it is tucked away from any traffic so if you want dogs can run around. Definitely worth a visit and the guest book says it all. Perfect.”
- “A fabulous location and property. The owners are to be commended in providing a beautiful place and being such friendly hosts. I would recommend Corran Cottage as the perfect place to unwind and explore the surrounding areas. Laugharne itself is charming and full of interest.”
- “This is a generously sized, snug and cosy cottage in a very peaceful location, yet only a short walk down the lane to Laugharne. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. Altogether delightful.”
- “The situation of the cottage is lovely, right next to the river and a gentle and pleasant walk into the village. Within easy reach of the Pembrokeshire coast and Gower so that the whole area can be explored and enjoyed. Laugharne is a lovely little village with some stunning and picturesque views, very friendly locals too. The hosts and their two dogs were very welcoming and helpful, without being overbearing.”
- “The property is a real gem in the middle of Welsh countryside. Our family had a lovely time. Our daughter took her first horse riding lessons at the farm nearby! Also the property is dog friendly. I would recommend the property to all our friends.”
- “Over the summer, friends and I had a dream of spending New Years away from it all. By December, we thought we had left it too late but luckily came across Corran Cottage. Oh how perfect it was! The six of us spent 3 nights here and it was exactly what we were looking for; a complete escape from city life, a quaint Welsh town, country walks, and lovely hosts. The barn is newly renovated, the fire burns warm and the stars shine bright. We brought in our own food and wine, and barely left the house. If you're looking for a change of pace, with some very friendly hosts, this is the place for you. We all can't wait to come back.”
- “This was the perfect holiday for our dog! He loved the huge garden straight outside, the long walks straight from the cottage, the local dog friendly beaches, a friend onsite to play with, not to mention the huge box of dog towels and toys in the kitchen for him. When our dog's happy-we're happy! For the humans there were some lovely places to eat out and fascinating places to visit. The horses onsite were great too-had a lovely beach ride, a lesson and a 2 hour hack with spectacular views over the bay.”
About the location
Tenby 16 miles.
Laugharne, with its majestic castle standing on a low ridge overlooking the wide Taf River Estuary, is famous for its associations with the poet Dylan Thomas, and a visit to his Boat House and the writing shed where he wrote most of his works is a wonderful experience. Beautiful walks in and around the castle, with breathtaking views of the estuary, can be followed by cream teas in quaint little tea rooms, a drink in the local pub or shopping in the gift shops and mini market. The nearby sandy beach at Pendine is where many land speed records have been famously set on its seven mile stretch of beautiful flat sand, and a little further afield are the seaside resorts of Tenby and Saundersfoot. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year.