- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Laugharne 1 mile.
This delightful cottage has been renovated from a stone stable, attached to a tack room near Laugharne, providing beautifully presented, high quality accommodation throughout.
Offering so much space and freedom to do as you please, this cottage near Laugharne, set opposite the owner's home on a working horse riding centre is perfect for families exploring South Wales.
This Laugharne cottage can easily sleep six people in two bedrooms, and there is also a family bathroom and a ground floor shower room.
The kitchen has a dining area and leads out to a patio overlooking the river, where barbecues can be enjoyed on summer evenings.
The cosy sitting room of this cottage near Laugharne boasts a woodburning stove and outside, there is a secure fenced area, half lawn, half grassland and wildflowers.
Relax and soak up the quiet surroundings in the private rear garden, listen to the slow-flowing stream, and watch the wonderful wildlife both in the air and on the ground.
Horse riding is available on site, and you can even bring your own horse along, at an extra cost!
Despite its tranquil setting, a ten minute walk from this South Wales cottage, you will find shops, pubs, and restaurants.
Dylan Thomas’ famous boat house and the garage where many of his works were penned, is well worth a visit.
The majestic castle looks out over the estuary, and a stroll along the shoreline is a delight at any time of year.
The local beaches are dog-friendly, all year round, and there is an exceptional network of footpaths in the area surrounding this cottage near Laugharne, including a two-acre wild garden and woodland, which you are more than welcome to enjoy and explore, across the bridge over the River Coran.
Why not venture a little further to enjoy sandy, dog-friendly beaches, historic castles, theme parks, or a steam railway ride?
The delights of this superb Laugharne cottage will encourage you to return again and again.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, additional fuel can be purchased from owners
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Travel cot, highchair and two single folding beds on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Secure area for dogs
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Fenced stream next to garden
- Note: Cottage next to owner’s riding school; stabling and horse riding available by prior arrangement and at extra cost
- Note: Both floors are on split levels with some internal steps
- Note: Use of owner’s freezer and first night meal can be provided on request and at a cost, please ask the owner for more details
About the location
Tenby 16 miles.
Laugharne, with its majestic castle standing on a low ridge overlooking the wide Taf River Estuary, is famous for its associations with the poet Dylan Thomas, and a visit to his Boat House and the writing shed where he wrote most of his works is a wonderful experience. Beautiful walks in and around the castle, with breathtaking views of the estuary, can be followed by cream teas in quaint little tea rooms, a drink in the local pub or shopping in the gift shops and mini market. The nearby sandy beach at Pendine is where many land speed records have been famously set on its seven mile stretch of beautiful flat sand, and a little further afield are the seaside resorts of Tenby and Saundersfoot. With walks in all directions, great days out at castles, mills and craft centres galore, this is a perfect base for all the family, at any time of the year.