- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Clears 2 miles.
This delightful terraced cottage is located in the village of Meidrim, 2 miles from the small town of St. Clears in Carmarthenshire.
Full of character and original features, this charming Carmarthenshire cottage makes a lovely base for a couple looking to enjoy a romantic break in South Wales.
Your cottage near St. Clears boasts a cosy, characterful sitting room with a lovely woodburner in the stone fireplace, while down on the lower ground floor level, you will find a very well-equipped kitchen with dining table and underfloor heating; despite offering all modern appliances this room is a true reflection of this wonderful cottage's history.
A delightful double bedroom and shower room complete the accommodation in your St. Clears cottage.
Outside you will find a pretty rear garden, where you can sit on the secluded patio or walk down to the extended lower garden with small lawn and delightful decked bridge over a small stream, a perfect spot to enjoy a meal or simply watch and listen for the wild birds in the trees.
If you can bear to leave one of our most romantic Carmarthenshire cottages, you must venture out to explore this wonderful part of Wales.
Take countryside walks or cycle routes from the doorstep, call in at the local pub, or explore a little further and discover Dylan Thomas' boathouse in Laugharne, the superb South Wales sandy beaches, the famous coastal path, castles galore and much more.
Whatever the time of year, this St. Clears cottage is just perfect for that memorable romantic break.
Over three floors. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Lower ground floor kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner and single sofa bed.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen and woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional parking in village car park 100 yards away
- Enclosed garden with secluded patio, small lawn, furniture, BBQ and bridge over small stream
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Narrow stairs to bedroom and spiral stairs to kitchen, not suitable for less mobile
- Note: Shed not available for guests use and there is a stream in garden, children to be supervised
- Note: Front door opens directly onto road and some traffic noise may be experienced.
About the location
Carmarthen 10 miles.
St. Clears is a small town set inland between Carmarthen and the coastal resorts of the Pembrokeshire coast. Great for exploring the South Wales coastline, the area is ideal for walkers, cyclists, and explorers alike. St. Clears hosts a variety of festivals and carnivals throughout the year, and has a number of shops, pubs and eateries, and the mound of the 12th century St. Clears Castle can still be seen. Within a short drive of St. Clears are Folly Farm, Oakwood Theme Park and the Heron's Brook Golfing and Fishing Centre. Visit Tenby, Laugharne Castle, the Dylan Thomas Boathouse and the renowned Botanic and Aberglasney Gardens. In all directions there is easy access to stunning scenery including the Preselli Mountains, the Pembrokeshire coastal path, Gower Peninsula, and the Brecon Beacons. A wonderful base for exploring South Wales, with something for everyone!