- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Clears 3 miles.
This immaculately-presented St.
Clears holiday cottage has been lovingly created from a barn conversion and retains stone walls and wonderful high apex ceilings with open beams, and boasts oak flooring and furnishings throughout.
This Carmarthen barn conversion blends wonderful character features with all the modern amenities to offer one of the best holiday cottages in the area, with lovely countryside views.
The split-level living accommodation gives a unique character, and has a tremendously spacious feel with its high, open-beamed ceiling and strengthened glass divide in the sitting room on the higher level overlooking the dining area.
Two short flights of oak stairs lead up to the sitting area and down to the two delightful bedrooms and the family bathroom to complete the accommodation.
Sunny spots on the private patio areas entice outdoor eating, and a wonderful woodland walk through the owner's woods is an absolute delight.
Perfectly located to enjoy all that Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire have to offer, this St.
Clears cottage is perfect to enjoy sandy beaches, the famous Wales Coast Path, cycling, golf, historic castles, Dylan Thomas' famous boathouse in Laugharne and so much more.
There is so much to see and do in this area, before returning to this superb St.
Clears holiday cottage for a relaxing evening.
All year round, this St.
Clears holiday cottage is the perfect choice for a family holiday.
Note: This property is 40 yards from Refs.
29479 and 917726, together they sleep 16.
Over lower ground and split-level ground floor. Two lower ground floor bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double. Lower ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan split-level living area with kitchen and dining area on the ground floor level and short flight of steps up to sitting area with woodburner on higher level.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Range cooker with gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, Blu-ray DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, small selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent (please bring own beach towels)
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private patio area in front of cottage with furniture and BBQ
- Shared lawned gardens all around the cottage plus woodland walks
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: Shallow stream runs through the woodland plus open lakes so children to be supervised.
- “We both really enjoyed the property. We were struck by the quality of the property, including the layout, the furnishings and the view. We appreciated the log burner which we used extensively.. We will definitely look to book the Smithy again when we are next in the area.”
- “Every aspect of the cottage was excellent. Would recommend these properties to anyone. Really looking forward to visiting again!”
- “This was a warm, well equipped comfortable cottage. We saw a lot of the Pembrokeshire coast and the scenery is beautiful.”
- “A splendid situation & perfect accommodation, with a warm welcome from the owners - we had a great holiday. We've already recommended The Smithy to our friends & family, and hope to make a return visit ourselves.”
- “A fantastic cottage which was well equipped for all our needs.”
- “A beautiful cottage upgraded to the highest standard with stunning views and in a peaceful location. A beautiful area to visit and a very special week away.”
- “An amazing cottage which was very clean with stunning views of the countryside. The owners were very friendly, and the location we could not fault. We will certainly be back. My 4 year old loved the setting and the cottage was perfect for him, offering enough room for him to play.”
- “The Smithy is an expertly converted barn enjoying views of the surrounding countryside. Cosy, relaxing, well equipped, tastefully decorated and immaculate throughout. Everything is of the highest quality. A very warm welcome was received from owners. This cottage exceeded all my expectations. Will definitely be returning.”
- “There was a view from every window, the cottage was idyllic, the web page doesn't do it justice.”
- “The Smithy was a fantastic property, and we cannot find fault with it at all. It was clean, tidy, fresh and the furnishings were top class. The owners were lovely, as were their dogs - we would recommend this cottage to anyone visiting the area - the coastline was stunning and we would definitely love to visit again.”
- “The location was spot on. The peace and quiet were amazing and the reception on arrival was very warm and friendly. I am going to book again for next year.”
- “Wonderful setting in rolling wooded countryside. Beautifully landscaped area with a tasteful conversion of an old smithy. An ideal spot to return to, either to eat outside or inside after a day of exploration or taking in the local walks and just relax over coffee. Warm and snug with excellent heating and comfortable beds. Our hosts could not have been more welcoming. We hope to return.”
About the location
Carmarthen 10 miles.
St. Clears is a small town set inland between Carmarthen and the coastal resorts of the Pembrokeshire coast. Great for exploring the South Wales coastline, the area is ideal for walkers, cyclists, and explorers alike. St. Clears hosts a variety of festivals and carnivals throughout the year, and has a number of shops, pubs and eateries, and the mound of the 12th century St. Clears Castle can still be seen. Within a short drive of St. Clears are Folly Farm, Oakwood Theme Park and the Heron's Brook Golfing and Fishing Centre. Visit Tenby, Laugharne Castle, the Dylan Thomas Boathouse and the renowned Botanic and Aberglasney Gardens. In all directions there is easy access to stunning scenery including the Preselli Mountains, the Pembrokeshire coastal path, Gower Peninsula, and the Brecon Beacons. A wonderful base for exploring South Wales, with something for everyone!